Looking for feedback!

Dropsi

Hey you guys, I am pretty new here. I was hoping to get some feedback, specifically on mixing and mastering, as I feel
like I'm on the right path but am still feeling a little bit in the dark.
Pinene drip by Dropsi | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Gorilla Keychain by Dropsi | Free Listening on SoundCloud

These are two of my most recent projects. I just started feeling confident enough with mixing and mastering
to get to a point where I am saying okay I'm done and moving on but I still feel like there is
some more that could be done, I just don't know where and what exactly...

Also, i am new to the community and am looking forward to meeting some cool people and finding some cool music!
Thanks and much love!~

Space it looks like lacks some depth and to me it sound like everything is coming from the same distance, so I would spend some more time on putting some delay /reverb into various elements of the mix. Also the synth coming in 0:26 is much too harsh. There is a trick you can do with EQ - make a high boost with very high Q value (very narrow band) and if you will find the frequence of this synth you definitely need to attenuate it. Also I think the levels could be arranged differently - the synth should have much less dB to make the drums be more present.

For the second track (Gorilla Keychain) - I think the drums in the intro are dope, but they are also vanishing a little in the rest of the mix. Nice idea with some melodic part on 808, but I would definitely try another sample here as it gets weird a little bit when played on another note than its root one.

These are all my thoughts, if you'd like to check my tracks and let me know what do you think - that would be much appreciated, please find the link below:

Reese Bass & Polish music samples [F4F]

Yo welcome to the community! I really like the first beat you did, but like the person said earlier on the first beat the synth that comes in is a bit on he harsh side. Leveling of the other instruments would help out a lot. And that goes with both beats. Especially how the drums start off strong on gorilla keychain and seem way to quiet the rest of the way. But the melodies on both of these are very unique and I appreciate that. I gave a like on that first beat pinene drip. Sometimes a break from mixing and coming back with fresh ears even if it’s a few days later is a good thing. You will hear new frequencies that you may have not heard due to ear fatigue. Check me when you get a chance
0hms - Shelter in Place Prod by Retnik Beats F4F 100

Last edited:
Back