Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Lilbootycall HarpType Beat || Would love to get feedback on mixing/Soundlevels

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bong
    Posts
    943
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 57 Times in 55 Posts

    Question Lilbootycall HarpType Beat || Would love to get feedback on mixing/Soundlevels

    Sign in to disable this ad

    Lately I love to experiment with Harp sound, would love to get some feedback, especially on sound levels and mixing.
    Drop a link below will return the fav.


    Purple Six Recordz
    SoundCloud | YouTube

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Six Recordz View Post

    Lately I love to experiment with Harp sound, would love to get some feedback, especially on sound levels and mixing.
    Drop a link below will return the fav.


    Like the harp sound through the song, Reckon you could have gone harder with the bass sound, maybe less compression or a bit more distortion so you get more harmonics coming through. It's a wavy bass with the porta slides though but with a small bit more distortion it would be popping.

    Personally I would have added a choir sound in somewhere but that's because I'm a sucker for choir sounds. I really like the snare hit sound with the reverb in particular, although it could be like a dB or 2 quieter or the sample could fade in slightly. Good work overall. Sounds clean.

    If you have time take a look at mine.

    F4F Fly Away by Mango
    Last edited by mangoman; 06-20-2018 at 03:53 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bong
    Posts
    943
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 57 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
    Like the harp sound through the song, Reckon you could have gone harder with the bass sound, maybe less compression or a bit more distortion so you get more harmonics coming through. It's a wavy bass with the porta slides though but with a small bit more distortion it would be popping.

    Personally I would have added a choir sound in somewhere but that's because I'm a sucker for choir sounds. I really like the snare hit sound with the reverb in particular, although it could be like a dB or 2 quieter or the sample could fade in slightly. Good work overall. Sounds clean.

    If you have time take a look at mine.

    F4F Fly Away by Mango
    Thanks for the advice man, wrote down the pointers.
    Purple Six Recordz
    SoundCloud | YouTube

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    A M E R I C A
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Trun em 808s up, eq em maybe sidechain kick em as well.
    Instgram: @PlanetBefore / Twitter: https://twitter.com/DidOliverDoThat

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bong
    Posts
    943
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 57 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet Before View Post
    Trun em 808s up, eq em maybe sidechain kick em as well.
    On Your system 808 sounds low on volume yeah? How much would You turn 808 up?
    Really appreciate that You let Me know how the sound levels acts on Your speakers.
    Purple Six Recordz
    SoundCloud | YouTube

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Yeah I feel this one. Love the way you programmed the drums. Am feeling the bounce. I also like the "tone/note shifts" or whatever it is called. Keep doing your thing.

    Look at my song and give me feedback if u feel like it:

    Rapture Star - I'm A Star (Feedback desired)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •