'LET'S GO' Live Hip-Hop Breakbeat Instrumental - Returning All Feedback

After repeatedly being told to spend more time on drums, I decided to try my hand at more live finger drumming. Let me know what you think, but I feel like it's progress. Needed to get more funky with it and get out of my comfort zone. I'll return any feedback, or comments and likes on my youtube page. Cheers.

I like the drum pattern. Feels live. However there is something about the mix with the brass where they don't seem to go together entirely. I'm not good at mixing so I don't know what it is but the brass feels a bit flat and not as engaging as they could be, if that makes any sense. However good job with the drums and the melody. :)

This is dope and I could def imagine people breaking to this. Dig the cuts on the hook. I could spit to this for sure. Good shit

First thing I notice when I hit play, was that August said: Brass needs more/better eq'ing(maybe more layering too). It's just feels weak, tbh. Track is lacking low end too: if it were my track, I'd play the same brass 1-2 octaves lower or a bass patch in the same pattern as the brass(assuming that brass isn't sampled).

Drums are good and def have that late 80's/early 90's feel and swing to them. I was def bobbing to em. Fix that brass and this'll be perfect!

Can you leave me some feedback, thanks man! Hard piano beat, feedback in 24hrs or less.

Hi,

try to fit the drums to the sample/ brass better - sounds not like a shift or a blues kind of delay but it feels like drums and music are off to much. Reduce the swing a little.

Give the durms a multiband compressor, work on the master channel using a limitter to get more loudness out of the whole mix.
Scratches sounds to futuristic, give them a lowpass filter to make them fit your oldskool style.

VɅN DɅL SCRXW - Don Corleone prod. by Joint'u by ZHero Beats | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Peace
ZHero

Back