Kozibeats - Skull [Feed for Feed]

These screaming in the background are really saucy! It really brings this dark effect to the track. Your drums need more punch. Consider soft clipping them and increasing volume input. Also consider cutting more bass low end from these melodies, since these bells are clashing with the 808. Anyways, it is a good beat, keep it up!

Agreed. Don't hesitate to make them drums a bit louder otherwise that main synth over shadows them. The extra string synths that came 1.00 in are pretty grimey and the bells after that in the next little drop are a nice touch. Spooky vibes, nicely done.

Thanks for checking and commenting my thread, I listened the track once again and now I found out that there are some tiny spaces between the samples, so you were right. I will surely pay more attention to connecting them between bars.

What I really liked in your track and took my attention are the transitions - they are really smooth and connect parts of the verse really consistently. Examples are 0:44 and 1:07 - these parts are much different and still they work together great in the track. Secondly big up for scream samples - they make the beat be more alive and are nice variation and increase the feeling like you would watch a horror movie with a scene in a haunted place (did my best to describe it)

Generally I think beat has potential so I would definitely would save the project files to come back after some time and take one more approach to the mix. I have noted some things I think might be useful re-working.

First of all, the kick - I think it could be louder and more knocking, this could increase the drama more as it would sound like somebody is knocking. Secondly, the space in the background especially in intro, I would check for a Long Hall reverb or any other with big size and decay time, I think it is worth experimenting with using it as a send and having the main synth, snares and screams be the parts with biggest amount of sent audio. Together with that I would add some delay to see if it creates some darker space, here I'm not an expert though, so this would be a trial and error work.

Don't know who is your inspiration (I see you're from Poland as well), but improving some mix attributes it would be cool to check it with some WSRH tracks, the beat mood would fit perfectly and I think they have some acapellas available on the web for remixes. To sum up, good job and I am looking forward to hear new productions from you.

Back