Kozibeats - Carefree [Feed for Feed]

I like the cartoon visual. I think the beat is dope with nice instrumentation and sequence. I really like the lead that comes in, and the main melody is great. However, the kick seems to be out of tune or may have been EQ'ed too much in the mids(?). I am not sure what is wrong with it, but it's distracting. Other than that, the beat is top notch. Keep it up!

Yea, the biggest criticism here would def be the equalization....The kick and bass really appreciate those lower ends - anywhere between 50 to about 80 or 100 Hz - and they seem to be missing those alot. This is a link that a friend gave to me awhile back, its a super-helpful resource for a few tips on equalization:

EQ Cheat Sheet: Simple Guidelines for Effective Equalization - Produce Like A Pro

Keep in mind as well whenever you want to boost those lower frequencies you will also need to set up a high-pass to roll off the infrasound frequencies that are inaudible so your limiter isn't being triggered by sounds you can't hear(frequencies below 20 Hz. you can include some lower sub-bass as well if you dont need them, but 808s typically like to have access to sub-bass frequencies).

Equalization aside, the composition sounds fine. I think if you just tweak the EQs on those channels, everything should be perfect. Here is my thread btw:

[F4F][Mastering/mixing tips especially needed!!!] A couple of Jazzy beats I wrote

I can hear talent in melody for sure, but the issue in this is the mix. The overall volume and EQ seems to be off and absent of any low end. The actual melody and arrangement of the beat is good though

Back