Kendrick Lamar Type Beat "Damn" F4F 100%

MessyBeatz

Whats your thoughts on this one?

Hows the overall beat?
Hows the mix?
Who can YOU hear on this? (I was split between Kendrick and Drake)
What would you change/done different?

Post your detailed feedback in this thread along with your link and I will return the feed. (if wanted)

Would be really helpful if you could like and comment on the actual YouTube video & I will return a comment on your SoundCloud or Youtube.

Thank you.

Vocal sample is dope af, I like how you muffled the keys to create that dark sound. 808's are nice with the distortion. Wow man I really fuck with this, nice way to add variety with the filter automation although I think you could use some crash/reverse crash cymbal activity to make the transitions between different sections stannd out more. I hear more Drake on this then Kendrick but that's because Drake can pretty much sound amazing on everything. I left a like and a comment, dope work !

Make sure to visit my thread as well and let me know your thoughts ! Here's a link.

Drake Sample Beat ! F4F Guaranteed

Beat is good 808's coming through nice and that vocal is sexy, can hear drake on this bro. Mix is solid, repetitive but that's expected if you're trying to have someone spit over it. Good work doggy.

Thanks Rogey, left you a comment on Soundcloud (couldn't find your thread)

Vocal sample is dope af, I like how you muffled the keys to create that dark sound. 808's are nice with the distortion. Wow man I really fuck with this, nice way to add variety with the filter automation although I think you could use some crash/reverse crash cymbal activity to make the transitions between different sections stannd out more. I hear more Drake on this then Kendrick but that's because Drake can pretty much sound amazing on everything. I left a like and a comment, dope work !

Really appreciate this feedback man... left you comment on YT and in the thread.

i honestly dont hear Drake or Kendrick on this

Future tho, he would fit this perfectly!
who cares anyways, this beat is lit af no matter what you name it! crazy spooky and everything is fuckin on point. mix is tight too and the arrangement keeps everything interesting. awesome work, much love!

here is my shit

Last edited:
i honestly dont hear Drake or Kendrick on this

Future tho, he would fit this perfectly!
who cares anyways, this beat is lit af no matter what you name it! crazy spooky and everything is fuckin on point. mix is tight too and the arrangement keeps everything interesting. awesome work, much love!

Thank you for the feedback Acid, never thought of Future on this one but you're right it could work.

Man your mix is so clean! You improved a lot! Any mixing advice for that "heavy" clean sound? Keep it up

Ay DAHTrump, this means a lot coming from you cause you have literally heard all my stuff from the start (roughly 7+ years ago)

Quit playing with me asking for mix tips though man, you know your shit is bumping already.

But for real though, if you're serious hit me up on the email, you still got it right? - if not let me know.

nice! sounds clean.. like the vibe! schoolboy q on this would be dope!! my suggestion would be to maybe do a changeup in your harmonic pattern, just to give a sense of progression throughout the track. but cool work! :)

Appreciate the feedback Bund, again I never thought of Schoolboy Q on this ut now you've mentioned it I can.

All feedback has been returned. Keep that feedback coming for me and leave your links for me to return some.

Back