Just finished my 2nd Instrumental! Thoughts!?

it's not the kind of stuff I would normally listen to but objectively speaking its good. I think it would be better with a synth pad. consider that next time -- i think that would bring it to the next level. it isn't perfect, but I like it.

my thread - i can't post links yet, so you'll have to copy it into your URL box: futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-and-receive-feedback-/rap-chill-rap-boom-bap-trap-dirty-south-etc/feedback-feedback-instrumental-beat-feedback-498894/#post49899548

When you have the Main Saw lead going. have a low pad sound play throuugh out it. add a little bit of a boomy 808 when that saw lead ain't playing to give it some low end. It sounds kinda like good skeleton. just needs some finishing out.

When you have the Main Saw lead going. have a low pad sound play throuugh out it. add a little bit of a boomy 808 when that saw lead ain't playing to give it some low end. It sounds kinda like good skeleton. just needs some finishing out.

Yea I feel you on all of this. I always think my ish is too bare, trying to learn to make the instrumentals sound more full/layered!

It could use a bit more energy, and some differentiation in the drums pattern, and maybe another melody or something to help it build to the chorus... Iono I'm a rookie myself so I can't say too too much, for a second beat though it's good a lot of people stuff sounds like a cluttered mess at that point, but this was clean and had a structure

It could use a bit more energy, and some differentiation in the drums pattern, and maybe another melody or something to help it build to the chorus... Iono I'm a rookie myself so I can't say too too much, for a second beat though it's good a lot of people stuff sounds like a cluttered mess at that point, but this was clean and had a structure

Thanks for the input man. Follow me on soundcloud to see if I listen to everybody and get better ;)

This is pretty good for your second instrumental! I would add another synth or something to fill up the beat more and some more bass but other than that nice selection of sounds. Keep it up!

Check me out:

Last edited:
This is pretty good for your second instrumental! I would add another synth or something to fill up the beat more and some more bass but other than that nice selection of sounds. Keep it up!

Check me out:

TBH man. I got bored really quick. Then it seemed like the song didn't change at all throughout the whole thing. Maybe just mix it up a bit more. How long you been producing?

TBH man. I got bored really quick. Then it seemed like the song didn't change at all throughout the whole thing. Maybe just mix it up a bit more. How long you been producing?

Thanks for the feed back man. I can see where your coming from. Needs some variation. I've been producing awhile now but I've been on and off just starting to get back into again. What about you?

Back