J. Cole | Kendrick Lamar type beat - "The City" - feedback appreciated! [SUB4SUB]

Kazebeat

J. Cole | Kendrick Lamar type beat - "The City" - feedback appreciated! [SUB4SUB]

Hey guys, I'm new to the scene, so go crazy on the criticism - I love it and need it to improve.

Anyways, I sampled "Lazy Theme" by Milt Jackson and Ray Brown

\

Let me know what you think

-Kazebeat

Last edited:
Aight dope beat bruh!! Nice sample and good drumwork bruh!! I have subscribed to your channel would you pls return the favor!!

I was thinking on how to add some 808's to fit the vibe of the beat and wasn't sure how to go about it. I actually struggle finding and eq'ing the right 808's lol. Trust me, I thought a lot about that. Thanks for the reply man, I'll sub to you and check your work out.

This has a cool vibe, and the sample grew on me over time. First off, I think the percussion is really cool. That hard pan to the left caught my attention. Total beat switch right here. It's cool. I like how you did that, nice work.

I wanna talk about the original sample, in the first verse. This is just my opinion, but I think if you would have raised the main sample just a few decibels, it's could have really brought that part to life. That's me nitpicking, because overall this had a lot of creativity, more so than most beats in general. Here we go, original sample back. Yea, the sample panned left, turn it up 1-2 DBs.

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't really satisfied with the beginning verse but couldn't figure out why. That might be the key right there. Cheers!

Yo kazebeat! Doesn't seem to me that you are new in the beatmaking area...You know very well what you are doing! Dope beat overall! add some 808's and it will be fire! i left a comment liked and subbed you !

Thank you! Things seemed to click for me very recently and I can't wait to release more. I saw your comments on YouTube and subscribed back. Let's keep supporting each other and keeping the grind up

Back