I made a website for artists to give/receive feedback for their music equally

NtG

Mods: Feel free to move this, but I figured this is the most relevant area of the forum to post.

Hey everybody! We've all received a comment on one of our tracks in the past like "Hey bro, cool track! Check out mine! <random youtube link>.", or seen people desire feedback without giving anything back to the community. (Hell, the stickied post in this subforum even mentions this). After seeing so many comments like this that are just hollow attempts at getting you to listen to the other person's stuff, I decided to make a website that incentivizes artists to give feedback to each other: www.qusica.com. Qusica is a platform where you upload and activate your tracks to have them placed into a public queue for receiving feedback. You are given your own queue of tracks from other artists to listen to and rate. Users must listen to at least 30 seconds of a track before being able to rate and move to the next track. Every time you rate a track out of your queue, the exposure level of your own tracks increases, meaning your track has a better chance of showing up in somebody else's queue to be rated. High quality feedback given in comments on tracks increases exposure as well. The result is that those who give the most feedback will also receive the most feedback in return!

Tracks rated in the queue are also automatically added to the site's charts of the top songs for the month as another way to allow the best tracks to gain recognition. Since the randomized nature of the queue intends to prevent artists from paying for fake plays/reviews, the charts will reflect what songs are the highest rated solely based on your fellow users. You don't have to pay for plays, you just have to be an active member. Again, you get out what you put in.

The site is in beginning stages at the moment and I would love to have some people sign up, test it out, and give me feedback on it!

Here's a quick demo video of qusica:

Thanks for checking qusica out, and I would love to hear what anybody thinks of the site!

Back