I made over 41 beat in 30 days. Here are the results.

borimayra

Hi guys,

It’s such a pleasure to join you guys here and to be a part of this community! I started making beats a month back and was really wondering if you guys could give some technical feedback on them. Be it structural, sound design, creativity. Also, I would really love feedback and comments from an artistic aspect, so rappers and singers your feedbacks are also appreciated. Here’s a link to my soundcloud:

borimayra | Boris Mayra | Free Listening on SoundCloud

And, I would like to finish with a note saying that I understand the hard times that 50 states of US going through and you have my prayers and good wishes. Please stay safe, peaceful.

Last edited:
Broken Honey: Maybe give a little intro? It's simple and chill. It does get a little repetitve, but I wouldn't say that’s a bad thing. Have you considered using any fx's that might complement it? Definitely add a bridge. It doesn't have to change too drastically, but since many artists use them before closing out their song, it would give them something to work with. Overall though, I like it and I'd consider using it myself. 8/10

Sidewalk: I'm def feeling this one all around. I mean, I like how you used the drum pattern, taking it out to give emphasis at some points. I enjoyed the outro, however it does sound a little messy. Did you use a limiter or no? 7/10 would bump again

Got u Cornered (little bit creepy name but fortunately that doesn't matter) : Ooh, that’s a sexy ass vocal sample. How do you get it to distort like that? Dem 808 hits pretty good too. I like the outro, too. I'd experiment with taking the drum pattern out. 8/10

High on my mind isn't really my personal preference. To me the flutey synth is kind of annoying- and with little chord progression, it gets stale really fast. I do like your use of ping pong and the strings behind the synth. It's very rare to hear the use of those in a rap beat. I personally dislike it, though- but I'm sure my more experienced peers would disagree. 2/10 (personally srry)

Ceiling: Hmm. I don't really know how to feel about this one. I like how the 808's make the song here. It's a bit of a different song without my studio headphones than just my laptop alone, but they're both super vibe-able. I would love to hear vocals on it just to get an idea of what it could sound like. 5/10

Benny: This is definitely more of a pop beat than a rap beat. Not really my forte since I'm relatively fresh at producing, but I still love it. In hindsight, you did clearly write Benny blanco type beat lol. (*/10)

Shake that shack: I listened and commented on this before actually reading the title. It used that same thingee from Shape of you, right? It's a bit much for an ed sheeran type of beat. Very mix-ey drum loop there. I always wanted to try and get a clap and a snare in one loop, but you pulled it off very well. Maybe turn the 808's down just a tad? 4/10

Overall, I think you're a high potential producer with a lot of ideas. I did listen to more songs. Give me a message when you put something out. My name on here is the same on soundcloud,

Broken Honey: Maybe give a little intro? It's simple and chill. It does get a little repetitve, but I wouldn't say that’s a bad thing. Have you considered using any fx's that might complement it? Definitely add a bridge. It doesn't have to change too drastically, but since many artists use them before closing out their song, it would give them something to work with. Overall though, I like it and I'd consider using it myself. 8/10

Sidewalk: I'm def feeling this one all around. I mean, I like how you used the drum pattern, taking it out to give emphasis at some points. I enjoyed the outro, however it does sound a little messy. Did you use a limiter or no? 7/10 would bump again

Got u Cornered (little bit creepy name but fortunately that doesn't matter) : Ooh, that’s a sexy ass vocal sample. How do you get it to distort like that? Dem 808 hits pretty good too. I like the outro, too. I'd experiment with taking the drum pattern out. 8/10

High on my mind isn't really my personal preference. To me the flutey synth is kind of annoying- and with little chord progression, it gets stale really fast. I do like your use of ping pong and the strings behind the synth. It's very rare to hear the use of those in a rap beat. I personally dislike it, though- but I'm sure my more experienced peers would disagree. 2/10 (personally srry)

Ceiling: Hmm. I don't really know how to feel about this one. I like how the 808's make the song here. It's a bit of a different song without my studio headphones than just my laptop alone, but they're both super vibe-able. I would love to hear vocals on it just to get an idea of what it could sound like. 5/10

Benny: This is definitely more of a pop beat than a rap beat. Not really my forte since I'm relatively fresh at producing, but I still love it. In hindsight, you did clearly write Benny blanco type beat lol. (*/10)

Shake that shack: I listened and commented on this before actually reading the title. It used that same thingee from Shape of you, right? It's a bit much for an ed sheeran type of beat. Very mix-ey drum loop there. I always wanted to try and get a clap and a snare in one loop, but you pulled it off very well. Maybe turn the 808's down just a tad? 4/10

Overall, I think you're a high potential producer with a lot of ideas. I did listen to more songs. Give me a message when you put something out. My name on here is the same on soundcloud,

Dude, WTF!? YOu are legend for taking the time and giving those comments! I am humbled by the honest feedback you gave! (ANd I use exclamation marks because that is how excited I am, right now!

Now to the questions you asked:

Got U Cornered: The 808s here are from a Serum preset called 808 - Angst. I do not remember where I got them but I played with them a bit and then used OTT to add some sustain and bring out the parts I like, OTT is really useful and I definitely recommend it!

benny & Shake That Shack: I watched a shit ton of Benny Blanco & Ed Sheeran videos on youtube and got addicted to both of these guys :D. The percussions and drums are definitely stolen from those guys and not on purpose though I was trying to feel the songs. On 808s' levels, you got a point and I've been trying to keep the levels down but still make them audible, so yeah, thanks a lot!

Again, thanks for the kind and constructive comments you gave. I've been trying to develop and criticise myself and I actually, think the same some of the songs are shit but I gotta put them out there, or else I'ma get laaa-aaazzy :D Would also love to hear tracks from you!

Dude, WTF!? YOu are legend for taking the time and giving those comments! I am humbled by the honest feedback you gave! (ANd I use exclamation marks because that is how excited I am, right now!

Now to the questions you asked:

Got U Cornered: The 808s here are from a Serum preset called 808 - Angst. I do not remember where I got them but I played with them a bit and then used OTT to add some sustain and bring out the parts I like, OTT is really useful and I definitely recommend it!

benny & Shake That Shack: I watched a shit ton of Benny Blanco & Ed Sheeran videos on youtube and got addicted to both of these guys :D. The percussions and drums are definitely stolen from those guys and not on purpose though I was trying to feel the songs. On 808s' levels, you got a point and I've been trying to keep the levels down but still make them audible, so yeah, thanks a lot!

Again, thanks for the kind and constructive comments you gave. I've been trying to develop and criticise myself and I actually, think the same some of the songs are shit but I gotta put them out there, or else I'ma get laaa-aaazzy :D Would also love to hear tracks from you!

Anytime man- I genuinely love good music and what you put out is professional at worst. I'm definitely gonna look up that 808's too. They're certainly audible, though. I don't think your songs are shit at all bro, and even the ones i didn't like, would be good in the hands of particular artists. And yeah, no doubt! PLeease, i can really use someone with your ears to give me some advice. I put out my first draft of only one song, but I would love any kind of opinion you can give. Thanks man. I'll post the link in my next message since i need 5 posts to upload links, apparently

Edit: Here u go: Haas M.C | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Back