I feel I did something unique... (Remix Crash Land - Wepons)

RAMI LDN

I feel I did something unique...but who knows maybe its the "everybody loves their own music" factor. The feedback I got has been great from rap lovers that I know.

So I entered the Splice remix competition for Crash Land - Weapons. The rap is epic, the instrumental and production is perfectly fine but lacks drama and adds no instrumental hook/riff aside from what the vocals provide.

I went for an Old vs New, Synth vs Guitar and dramatic changes from Major to Minor to create what I feel is the better more dramatic production. The reason for drama was obviously the lyrics and reflecting its magnitude. The subject matter: Nuclear Arms Race.

I would love to know what you guys think and if you like it please Like and comment on the contest page and or over here too:

Splice

Last edited:
The first part with the brass sounding production is fantastic, but when you switch up to the guitars, you need more minor chords. It sounds wayyy too happy for what the song is about. It doesn't sound like it's about a nuclear arms race, it doesn't feel like it either. It needs a sense of dread and urgency to it, which you can definitely do.

The opening sounds are great because it even kinda sounds like alarms going off. Whenever those sounds come in I got a hype as hell.

The first part with the brass sounding production is fantastic, but when you switch up to the guitars, you need more minor chords. It sounds wayyy too happy for what the song is about. It doesn't sound like it's about a nuclear arms race, it doesn't feel like it either.

Thanks for the reply and giving it a listen.

Its supposed to be happy and uplifting on that 2nd verse, The lyrics aren't consistently dark, they are also hopeful. That was the idea and then it slams right back to "weapons" in the heavy dark minor key.

Most importantly though, it needs to be entertaining. Most people want the entertaining/musical aspect. When the guitars come in its more upbeat and yet old skool and you can dance to it. That was the idea.

Thanks for the reply, let me know if you want me to check out any of your music or support anything you are working on.

I feel you especially on the dancing bit. I've been able to dance to pretty much anything that goes hard though. Even if it's just jumping up and down. Doesn't necessarily need to be uplifting to be able to dance with it. I understand you with keeping it entertaining as well. It may not be for me but others may love it!

Thanks for offering your feedback on my tracks by the way. I just posted my first track here.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...y-south-etc/snake-hammer-548567/#post50099309

Let me know what you think

Last edited:
Back