I appreciate all feedback and will try to return

yeah man i dont really have any synths... im using free vsts and stock. i just dont have the extra money for good synths like massive and nexus.

Your comp was good. Try adding some hi hats to add swing to the track and work on getting a groove. Sound choice is key so try tweaking some of your Vst instruments to add some flavor. Filters, etc. Keep at it.

and what track are you referring to @medzbeatz ? or are you just saying in general? i actually did do a lot of tweaking to the main synth in the last one.

Yeah, definitely good ideas. The development is good. You change it up enough to keep it interesting without getting too busy.

Better ($$$) vsts would probably help a lot. If you try using different types of distortion to add some overtones that could do the trick. Or maybe put some decent compressors on them and really jam them hard to get some overtones out of them.

Yeah, definitely good ideas. The development is good. You change it up enough to keep it interesting without getting too busy.

Better ($$$) vsts would probably help a lot. If you try using different types of distortion to add some overtones that could do the trick. Or maybe put some decent compressors on them and really jam them hard to get some overtones out of them.

yeah i don't really understand compression. it just seemed to make stuff quieter when i was working with it previously ( on this track) i think i just compressed the 808 and messed around with a flanger on the little cymbal-ish thing.

here are some more tracks

is the high sound in the second one too harsh? is the first one too boring? be 100% honest and brutal with your feedback please. you won't hurt my feelings.

Hey mate, sounds decent, you need more percussion to give it a little more movement, hats, shakers, clicks, pops, claps, just stuff to thicken it up :)

I think they sound pretty good. I would definitely cop some new synths and vsts tho. Also I think they can be eq'd better. If you have better sounds I think they would go better with your drums. Also compression would make it sound good. On the third track the snare is kind of weak. Sounds like a snare straight out of lex lugers kit, nothing wrong with that to me but it needs compression, eq, and layering if you want it to stand out. Cool tracks over all.

Drop Feed back here bro, much thanks: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...iginal-instrumental-feedback-feedback-481498/

Never stop making music, it makes the world a better place!

I think they sound pretty good. I would definitely cop some new synths and vsts tho. Also I think they can be eq'd better. If you have better sounds I think they would go better with your drums. Also compression would make it sound good. On the third track the snare is kind of weak. Sounds like a snare straight out of lex lugers kit, nothing wrong with that to me but it needs compression, eq, and layering if you want it to stand out. Cool tracks over all.

Drop Feed back here bro, much thanks: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...iginal-instrumental-feedback-feedback-481498/

Never stop making music, it makes the world a better place!

yeah i def need to learn more of the science behind this. its kinda just a hobby for me now. did you go to school for production or did you teach yourself from like youtube and stuff?

Sorry it took so long to respond. Usually I try to learn different methods on my own to how to get things to sound better. I didnt go to any school. I learned about most techniques through tutorials and playing with stuff until it sounds good to me. If your new to music production, I would say you have to buy some monitors because its the only way you will actually here the changes while mixing. I consider myself new to this because I have only been learning about music production for a couple years. Also if you have a keyboard, it will definitly help you make melodies.

Seems like you're in your beginning stages of catching on to your own feel. I'd def say , you've got some nice sound selection going in your head. I really enjoy the "finally workin easy" , sound. I'd say mostly , focus on structure to make the bats sound a bit coherent , and as well more melodies. Just guessing , but it kinda sounds like you're building sounds in key together, vs starting with chords? If so , I'd say make that a focus too , so you can pick up on a more coherent "vibe". Keep it up though!

Seems like you're in your beginning stages of catching on to your own feel. I'd def say , you've got some nice sound selection going in your head. I really enjoy the "finally workin easy" , sound. I'd say mostly , focus on structure to make the bats sound a bit coherent , and as well more melodies. Just guessing , but it kinda sounds like you're building sounds in key together, vs starting with chords? If so , I'd say make that a focus too , so you can pick up on a more coherent "vibe". Keep it up though!

yes i actually dont play chords too often. i just rescently got a keyboard a couple weeks ago and im still learning to play. i started learning in b major ( im pretty sure thats what finally workin easy is in, but i didnt actually play anything in that song, all on the computer). so you are saying i should try starting with chords? and how would i go about making the hats fit in better? the only tracks i played the hats by hand in is i need saving and i played the shakers in change of pace.

here are some songs where i used some chords. i know the percussion is kinda messy and the bass is a lil overpowering in def something. its just that i feel when i start with cords it always turns out to some kinda of "pretty" song

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long to respond. Usually I try to learn different methods on my own to how to get things to sound better. I didnt go to any school. I learned about most techniques through tutorials and playing with stuff until it sounds good to me. If your new to music production, I would say you have to buy some monitors because its the only way you will actually here the changes while mixing. I consider myself new to this because I have only been learning about music production for a couple years. Also if you have a keyboard, it will definitly help you make melodies.

would you recommend 4 or 5 inch monitors or are those too small to be of any real use to me? i ask because i am doing all my production on some skullcandy hesh 2s and i know they are not good for this. i have been researching for some monitors but i dont want to waste ANY money (im starting my senior year of high school this year) so i have been trying to find out the right buy for me. i was looking into the bx5s but im not sure if they are the right ones for what im doing. desk space is a bit of an issue too so ive been trying to find soem small enough to fit my desk and big enough to reproduce bass accurately, which is how i landed on 5-inch monitors.

I like the last one best but from one producer to another you still need more practice.I'm not trying to knock your music.You don't seem to have a specific mood or "genre" for your music just yet. Listen to whatever music you like and try to emulate them without straight up copying.Learn some music theory or just practice on the piano.Watch tutorials on youtube and google free drumkits if you need some.Again not trying to put you down but I just remember when my music used to sound exactly like this.Just PRACTICE all the time and you will start to see and hear the difference
Thanks for the feed on my track too.:)

Back