Having trouble networking/finding artists to hop on my stuff. Am I making trash beats

ya I appreciate that bro...ya Ima just keep grinding, just becomes frustrating not being able to hear the other half of the art come around (i.e finding vocalists who fuck with my shit)

to be 100%. off the rip your tracks arent bad but sound selection is everything when trying to make "type beats" and tbh most of your tracks dont match the "type beat" title. like i couldnt hear most of the artist you mentioned on the certain track. so you may be attracting ppl looking for one beat kind of type beat then when they push play it doesnt fall in line w the sound they were looking for. Invest in some high quality sounds and/or dont make type beats let the artist determine what kinda beat it is and if its for them upon listenin. If you title it a drake type beat and it ends up sounding nothing clse to a drake beat that could be why artist arent biting...

are you beats selling on beatstars?

also like zew saaid above, we happened to pick one of the hardest industries to break into lol. It's oversaturated w beats and producers like us trynna make it. so you have to really be diff and unique or really fkn good to stand out.

Also I think there are things you can do to improve you brand. Make yourself look more professional you know

1. create yourself a logo or get on (fivver.com) and hire someone for less than $20 to make you a logo
2. your beat videos are stale, learn some video editing or once again jump on fivver
3. maybe I missed it on the handful of tracks i listened to but get yourself a producer tag. something unique to identify a jerome beat. for example Im Threestaxxx, I have a matching logo, youll hear my producer tag on every beat and every track gets custom artwork and a beat visualizer. it kinda brings each track to life.
4. make sure everythings on point and consistent, when you post to youtube, make sure your soundcloud, twitter, ig , etc all get the same love
5. I havent done this yet but in the next months its coming, create your own beatstore website. wix or whatever but there a plenty of options. can even be a wordpress blog to send your customers to
6. I've just began to figure it out a little but google ad words keyword search terms and all that SEO shit really matter for your hashtags. I use soulja boys method. Ill hash tag anything relevant. 21 savage just got arrested and tom brady just won the superbowl. you can guess what my hashtags will be. lol
7. im bad at this but i told myself 2019 ill do more collabs. collabs help cuz you both get to poach eachothers listeners and followers so it expands your audience. so if you wanna collab hit me threestaxxxbeats@gmail.com

its a life long hustle G, kato on the track once said " its gonna take at least 10 years for you to break into the industry, the diff between producers who make it and those who dont is some give up along the way and some stay at it"

good luck g

if you wanna check out any my stuff or how i Brand myself check me out

not to say I've got it all figured out. I just uploaded my first beats to beatstars last week and havent made any sales. I've actually never sold a beat online and struggle the same way you do to gain traction online. ppl always pump fake like a mf. but I've sold beats in real life to artist ive actually worked with.

Burner Phone

Lamborghini Dreams

Soundcloud

Youtube

Beatstars

to be 100%. off the rip your tracks arent bad but sound selection is everything when trying to make "type beats" and tbh most of your tracks dont match the "type beat" title. like i couldnt hear most of the artist you mentioned on the certain track. so you may be attracting ppl looking for one beat kind of type beat then when they push play it doesnt fall in line w the sound they were looking for. Invest in some high quality sounds and/or dont make type beats let the artist determine what kinda beat it is and if its for them upon listenin. If you title it a drake type beat and it ends up sounding nothing clse to a drake beat that could be why artist arent biting...

are you beats selling on beatstars?

also like zew saaid above, we happened to pick one of the hardest industries to break into lol. It's oversaturated w beats and producers like us trynna make it. so you have to really be diff and unique or really fkn good to stand out.

Also I think there are things you can do to improve you brand. Make yourself look more professional you know

1. create yourself a logo or get on (fivver.com) and hire someone for less than $20 to make you a logo
2. your beat videos are stale, learn some video editing or once again jump on fivver
3. maybe I missed it on the handful of tracks i listened to but get yourself a producer tag. something unique to identify a jerome beat. for example Im Threestaxxx, I have a matching logo, youll hear my producer tag on every beat and every track gets custom artwork and a beat visualizer. it kinda brings each track to life.
4. make sure everythings on point and consistent, when you post to youtube, make sure your soundcloud, twitter, ig , etc all get the same love
5. I havent done this yet but in the next months its coming, create your own beatstore website. wix or whatever but there a plenty of options. can even be a wordpress blog to send your customers to
6. I've just began to figure it out a little but google ad words keyword search terms and all that SEO shit really matter for your hashtags. I use soulja boys method. Ill hash tag anything relevant. 21 savage just got arrested and tom brady just won the superbowl. you can guess what my hashtags will be. lol
7. im bad at this but i told myself 2019 ill do more collabs. collabs help cuz you both get to poach eachothers listeners and followers so it expands your audience. so if you wanna collab hit me threestaxxxbeats@gmail.com

its a life long hustle G, kato on the track once said " its gonna take at least 10 years for you to break into the industry, the diff between producers who make it and those who dont is some give up along the way and some stay at it"

good luck g

if you wanna check out any my stuff or how i Brand myself check me out

not to say I've got it all figured out. I just uploaded my first beats to beatstars last week and havent made any sales. I've actually never sold a beat online and struggle the same way you do to gain traction online. ppl always pump fake like a mf. but I've sold beats in real life to artist ive actually worked with.

Burner Phone

Lamborghini Dreams

Soundcloud

Youtube

Beatstars

Literally just got a beatstars account last week and in the process of getting tracks organized for uploading, so naw haven't sold any yet. I appreciate the feedback on the beats - I guess besides 'type beat' route I'm not sure how else to get a track noticed on soundcloud or Youtube. I had kinda a 'if you can't beat em join em' attitude when looking at getting into the Type Beat market. I guess it still really helps to network irl with people in the local scene - toronto's just cliquish af in that regard.

yeah Im terrible at networking irl I don't go to any of the meet ups around LA . and its very cliquish here too, if you didn't come up making music together sometimes its hard to make new connections. But I think thats it, a healthy mix of networking online to build your audience and in real life

Nothing wrong with your beats bro.. i think we all struggling to get our channel buzzing.. there are so many beat makers nowadays its hard to get noticed

Hey man, if you can make a beat period then your already good. aim to make 1 extremely quality beat at a time. go slow, youll get faster. And make sure you keep learning, if you keep learning and applying it will eventually work, may seem like it forever but just keep pouring time into it youll get it. And try a lot of new things and learn how to identify something that isnt working and move on faster would be my tips. i have learned a lot thru trying a lot and sometimes i waste a lot time trying to do something that wont work. embrace the change in the industry too, it well help so much. And make sure you just engage a lot man, every second you engage is 1 second that someone famous / with a name / needs beats could click on you. really consistency is key and just keep on grinding man.

Your beats are fine, they don't particularly stand out to me but they are well above the standard for type beats. How many people are you reaching out too, and how are you reaching out to them? I've found VERY limited success in working with people via a cold DM through soundcloud/IG/e-mail and have had much better results through IRL connections, Discord groups, or collab calls on forums (like this one!) The quality of your beats is high enough that you should get a lot of interest in free work/collaborations, so imo it looks like the problem is with how you're reaching out.

A good rule of thumb is relationships first, business second. It's a lot easier and reliable to collab and work with friends than it is absolute strangers. Come to rappers as a homie first and an artist second.

check mine out: Move That Dope (504Dark Future remix)

Last edited:
Your beats are fine, they don't particularly stand out to me but they are well above the standard for type beats. How many people are you reaching out too, and how are you reaching out to them? I've found VERY limited success in working with people via a cold DM through soundcloud/IG/e-mail and have had much better results through IRL connections, Discord groups, or collab calls on forums (like this one!) The quality of your beats is high enough that you should get a lot of interest in free work/collaborations, so imo it looks like the problem is with how you're reaching out.

A good rule of thumb is relationships first, business second. It's a lot easier and reliable to collab and work with friends than it is absolute strangers. Come to rappers as a homie first and an artist second.

check mine out: Move That Dope (504Dark Future remix)

I appreciate all this dude. I'll admit that I've definitely been going the cold DMing route, and believe me I've had ALOT of people answer back with their emails. Problem is of course I send stuff out constantly but never hear back! I'm not even talking major record label artists - I'm down to work with upcomers for free for now, but just hard to when nobody hits back (meaning I start doubting myself a little bit). If anyone from Toronto knows IRL producer events please holla.

Not bad, definitely not my style, but I like that kind of psychedelic taste. Making network and connections is not just about the fact you're good at making music.

Back