Hard Synth Rap Beat (Returning all feeback in a day)

Hi Everyone,

Looking for substantial (read: More than one word) feedback on a recent track. Let me know 1 thing you didn't like and why and 1 you did like:

I really liked the melodies in your beat its got a old dirty south feel to it Lil Wayne/Hot Boys etc! The only thing I would change is have from @ 2:40 to the end of beat in some parts of your entire arrangement to give it some breathing room from the arp as your main melody!

One thing I didn't like (wasn't sure about) are the orchestral chords you had. The second chord (out of the four) sounded off key to me. They're short, however, and it makes it hard to determine by ear. You may want to go back and double check those notes!

Favorite part of the beat was the chorus. It gave the beat a really large and powerful sound; very dope imo.

Please return some feedback on my latest beat!
[F4F] schoolboy q x vince staples type beat

I like that you aren't afraid to use other drum kits in this... Usually people have a certain drum kit that they like to beat into the damn ground over and over... It's so relieving to hear something fresh. With that aside, I like the poppy snare... That thing sounds like a gun shot when it hits... Very pleasing. Chord progressions in the strings are probably my 2nd favorite in the beat next to the snare. Choir is also on point. I like it man. Keep up the good work. Keep grinding. I have a new beat I just put up... Less complex... I just keep things simple lol. Give it a listen when you get the chance.

I like that you aren't afraid to use other drum kits in this... Usually people have a certain drum kit that they like to beat into the damn ground over and over... It's so relieving to hear something fresh. With that aside, I like the poppy snare... That thing sounds like a gun shot when it hits... Very pleasing. Chord progressions in the strings are probably my 2nd favorite in the beat next to the snare. Choir is also on point. I like it man. Keep up the good work. Keep grinding. I have a new beat I just put up... Less complex... I just keep things simple lol. Give it a listen when you get the chance.

Thanks for the feedback, just left a comment directly on the vid.

Edit: Everyone has been feedback, thanks for listening and leaving your comments y'all..it's greatly appreciated!

One thing I didn't like (wasn't sure about) are the orchestral chords you had. The second chord (out of the four) sounded off key to me. They're short, however, and it makes it hard to determine by ear. You may want to go back and double check those notes!

Favorite part of the beat was the chorus. It gave the beat a really large and powerful sound; very dope imo.

Please return some feedback on my latest beat!
[F4F] schoolboy q x vince staples type beat

Good ear bro! The second chord was supposed to be d minor(D-F-A) and I accidentally did it as D-F-A# so it was off

Back