Hard style Piano Rap Instrumental F4F

Very minimalistic this beat is. I wasn't a fan of the sound selection - I don't think they compliment each other. I also feel like you should EQ some high ends from the beat, because some synths (particularly the background ones) really pierce the ears. But it's always good to hear a beat that isn't your generic trap beat - kudos on that; a bit more polishing and this will sound nice

feedback on this please F4F - You Don't Know Me

Yeah, the actual melody is pretty catchy. It has a nice energy to it and awesome rhythm. I think the actual sounds used though are a bit boring and bare sounding like Somasu said. Use that same main melody and maybe experiment with some more interesting sounds. I do like the writing of it and the notes.

Here is my beat. [F4F] Poverty

Thank you both for the feedback. I record my own sounds and used them, I've put some effects on them but not much, and eq'd for cleanup the best i could. So i understand why they sound bare. I hear the highs and earpiecing instrument. Now that brings a question to mind. Is it better to master over monitors or headphones ?

Thank you both for the feedback. I record my own sounds and used them, I've put some effects on them but not much, and eq'd for cleanup the best i could. So i understand why they sound bare. I hear the highs and earpiecing instrument. Now that brings a question to mind. Is it better to master over monitors or headphones ?

Hey man, i like the dark vibe of the beat. i agree with the others that the sounds could be more interesting, and i'd add that there's some discord in the melody - that might be what you're going for in which case, dope. if not, you could figure out what key you wanna be in and make sure all the notes in your chords are in the scale. as for the the mastering, im new to it myself, but I've been using akg701 headphones for mastering and following the advice in this (and other) youtube vids: (youtube dot com/watch?v= mXR9UFh4scQ) (sorry, can't post links yet). then i just make sure to listen to it in earbuds, the car, etc to make sure it sounds right (i ignore mono speakers tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Any feedback on this would be appreciated: too slow by flipsumn | flipsumn | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. All i got is samsung earbuds i guess i. So i been mastering over monitors. Guess ill start using the earbuds to master. Im getting some sennheiser hd 600s for Christmas though ��. Cant wait for that.
Thats a nice beat, got a nice grove to it. I would turn up the hi hats a bit more. Lower the yea vocal some. Maybe add some bells, crashes, open hats ( little percs ) and maybe some sound fx. Matering sounds good imo through my samsungs.

Back