(Feedback for Feedback) Childish Gambino Type Beat - 'Superb'

I like the flow of this beat a lot man, you definitely got the right feel for the song the more it goes through and build it well. I like the sweeping pad/synth that comes in sometimes, gives good energy to the track.

Dunno if it was my speaker but the 808 came across as a bit muddy and I think it clashes when you roll your kicks. But the vibe is there for sure, well done!

I made a neo-soul hip hop beat a couple weeks ago now if you could give some feedback I'd appreciate it man

Yeah, I felt like the kick wasn't clean enough. I wanted to finish that one before I crashed for the night, so not surprised. Drum mixing is probably my weakest point right now, so I'll be working on it a lot for the next little while. Thanks for the feedback.

I really like the instrumentation on your beat, especially the bass. Only part I wasn't feeling was the vocal sample as it played a little too often and sort of distracted me from the rest of the track, but that might just be me. If the vocal was a little lower in the mix and only played sporadically, I could see this playing as part of a music library. So bar/restaraunt/lounge sync licensed beats type stuff. Nice work man.

Nice track man. I enjoyed the main rhythm and melody but yeah I agree w the comment above your drums need a complete overhaul and another thing I noticed was your hihats don’t seem quantized thru out. There were a few hits that felt offbeat. Unless that was intentional my bad! But keep at it man mixing and mastering is a journey. You def have the arranging part down!

just made a beat paying home to my fav tv show “Martin” would love to hear your feedback here

yo i liked the beat, i think the bass you are using you could make it less wide and more punchy, usually those sound better rythmically in my opinion. Also add something for the prechorus maybe take the bas out for a little and then reintroduce it in a different pattern ahaha just so it has more variation. def see the childish gambino vibes aahahah nice.

Nice track man. I enjoyed the main rhythm and melody but yeah I agree w the comment above your drums need a complete overhaul and another thing I noticed was your hihats don’t seem quantized thru out. There were a few hits that felt offbeat. Unless that was intentional my bad! But keep at it man mixing and mastering is a journey. You def have the arranging part down!

just made a beat paying home to my fav tv show “Martin” would love to hear your feedback here
Yeah, I never over-quantize drums as I find it pretty bland. I think the hats on this one are almost all a little ahead of or behind the beat. As for overhauling the drums completely...Nah, I like the hat and snare timbre and would prefer to just spend more time on the kick. Probably layer a higher kick over it.

Noticing the kick got through, but needed more dynamic compression on the sub bass. I started using the Melda dynamic eq for this and like the effect, but I either needed to increase the amount of compression, or just lower the overall volume on that sub bass. Sort of thinking the second one.
I like this bass, so I'll probably use it again and will bring it down in the mix so it ain't so muddy.

My bad boss! I thought you were here for feedback and opinions!
I am, but you tell someone "YOU NEED to completely overhaul their drums" makes you sound like you think you're an authority, when you're stating an opinion. That ain't cool. I appreciate the feedback, but I don't take anyone's opinion as gospel. Unless you're Rick Ruben, in which case I'll do damn near anything you say. lol.

Don’t be so quick to take offense. These opinions help us get better. My boy ihuntbears told
me last week my drums were weak sauce on a track. You know what I did? Didn’t get emotional. I went back and applied his suggestions and improved as a producer. now the track sounds much better and im thankful for his critique. Sorry man I won’t review your shxt anymore

Don’t be so quick to take offense. These opinions help us get better. My boy ihuntbears told
me last week my drums were weak sauce on a track. You know what I did? Didn’t get emotional. I went back and applied his suggestions and improved as a producer. now the track sounds much better and im thankful for his critique. Sorry man I won’t review your shxt anymore
Sir, I am not emotional. However I've noticed you said boom bap heads got on your nerves.
You were criticized in your own thread and took offense and decided it was an inherent flaw in those who critiqued your music. Thanks for your input though. Cheers.

Back