Feed for Feed Dark Hip-Hop Beat

Looking for some feedback on a track I just finished. What do you think needs improvement, if anything, and why or how? Drop you link and return the favor asap.

Last edited:
The bells do a great job of creating suspense, i might use a more realistic bell and cut out the high end on the eq. I find taking out the high end of things creates a darker sound. DO NOT CHANGETHE SNARE it's perfect. great arrangement.

I would also suggest to cut the highs of the bells to crate the dark effect and to give space for the hats. You transition for the hook is awesome! Like it a lot.
Here is my latest production: YouTube

I don't have a YouTube account to comment with, hope you see this, but I was feeling it...I could def hear XXX or maybe Post Malone on that beat.

Piano melody was sold and so were the drums. I think that hi-hats could be eq'd better to make them brighter, there's too much mids in them as they are. Other than that, I've got no complaints. Good shit bro.

This is super interesting. I think I agree with those above who said to EQ out some of the highs of those bells. Super dark vibe on this. Mix is solid, I think I would turn up the volume of the kick just a few dBs. Other than that, super solid ideas and execution!

the dark melody is really nice on this, your build ups and drops are good aswell nice work. I think the mix could do with work though, most of the drums could do with bringing up abit and also the main melody is panned into my right ear to much id say try make an automation clip panning around for a better effect. solid job on this though man your sound selection is good

any feedback on this would be great
Lil Skies x Trippie Redd - "My Wave" [F4F]

this beat was pretty good, i love the feeling of suspense on this! definitely EQ them hats, they sound a little crunchy to me. the bells need a lil touch of EQ as well. overall, i like the vibe - it really sounds spooky asf, i dig it. i could hear plenty of rappers on this as well actually, it's got that royal but menacing feel to it.

check me out: drift - travø (f4f)

The bell's high pitch seriously takes away from the dark effect. It would sound better at a lower pitch. The melody in the background is fire though, really pulls together the dark vibes.

Last edited:
I like the vibe this has... Dark yet still has that intense suspense feeling. I would like to hear that bass hit a little harder but it's not really a make or break issue. On a scale of 1 - 10 I would put this at about a 7.

Back