F4F - You Don't Know Me

Thanks for your feedback.
I'll take it that the beat is made by "GRIZZLYBEATZ" as in your lyric comment on your soundcloud.

You have a good voice but the lyric makes no real sense and I can feel that it looses energy when you go for the monotone repetitive sound. Its like your voice is a pad synth made to be in a blurry background, my advice is to make your singing pop like you were on top of the beat. About the lyrics, I would say that a lyricist key is to write clear metaphors that will engage the listener to build the scenario in ones head. When I read your lyrics I get no pictures, I don't know what you are trying to say. Make sense?

Keep it up and you'll get there man!

vocals are off key and the vocal mix is too muddy too much reverb imo didnt enjoyed listening to it.. try harder next time

throughout the whole beat lol maybe use autotune that will work miracles
I’m sorry but my engineer did mix and master the song with autotune. I really hope your comment isn’t you projecting prejudice because I left a “negative” feedback on your beat (and it wasn’t even negative - it was constructive feedback). I don’t mind negative feedback on my songs at all - especially if they are constructive. Yours wasn’t even trying to be constructive.

Fair enough if you feel the vocals are too muddy, or you think the vocals are offkey, but to say remarks like “use autotune that will work miracles” and “try harder next time” just seems biter to me.

Last edited:
Hey Somasu! I really like the flow of this song. Very melodic and tantalizing. It's mixed very well in my opinion. Maybe the lyrics could come through *tiny* bit clearer, but it's definitely a relaxing listen. It's also super cathartic and an experience. The hats really guide you through the song. Lots of movement and atmosphere Great work!

Last edited:
I don't think it is really off key that much, sounds pretty good to me for the most part. Just kind of an eery style of singing that might throw some people off. I like the beat and I think it has a good atmosphere for your voice. It sounds pretty well mixed to me overall.

I don't think it is really off key that much, sounds pretty good to me for the most part. Just kind of an eery style of singing that might throw some people off. I like the beat and I think it has a good atmosphere for your voice. It sounds pretty well mixed to me overall.
Thank you for the comment! For future reference, which parts are offkey?

Last edited:
I like the beat. The beat is smooth and relaxing got a nice vibe. Imho I feel your vocal volume may need to come down a little in the parts where you went a higher pitch. Its sounds like the vocals overtake the beat just a little. Other then that it good and a unique style

Sorry about taking so long to reply, I really like this track man. I can tell your getting better for sure, the beat is real nice aswell. This has a the weeknd vibe to it, the mix is real clean aswell. Dropped a comment, nice work fr

Back