F4F - upbeat track w live sax

The Funk Junkie

Just put out this new song. It's more poppy than anything else I ever do but it's solid. All the links to everyone involved (emcee, singer & sax player) are in the soundcloud info. It took a lot of work to get the mixing sounding solid so I'm interested in any comments or criticisms on the overall sound and feel. As always, drop a link and I'll return the feed (although I'll be out of town a bit so it might be 2-3 days, but I'll get you back). Thanks!

bet this took an absolute age to get done! great work....arrangement is great and the track keeps adding to keep you in.
Mix sounds as crispy as a nuns crotch! awesome bro

I like the beat man its real groovy and had me nodding my head. The mix sounds solid and i really love that saxophone on the outro.

Good Production fam. Keep it up

Totally vibing to this right now. Sick chorus, love the beat, and the sounds you chose seem to fit like a puzzle.

;) Well done

Definitely took some hard work to get everything to exist in its own space, tough sounds to have to merge and you did a great job of it.

The vocal sound well recorded, which microphone did you guys used? Nice effects here and there, i like how the synth/guitar plays. Kick&snare hits fine, overall vibe sounds cool. Sax was amazing on the track. Mix appears balanced and master sounds nice on my headset. Could you check any track on my soundcloud please?

Damn man this is dope as hell! Props to the whole team man! Since you're the producer, I'll focus my feedback on the production.

Loving the live drums going on throughout the track. Good panning, kick has thump and snare has pop, something I struggle to do in my mixes because I don't have proper mixing gear. Love the minimalistic synths you've used througout the track. Good panning and great stereo stage, it sounds like it would sound great on a mono set. How long have you been in the production scene bro? I could use some advice from you XD. That sax is jamming bro! To be honest, the only thing critical I can say to this is maybe kick up the bass line just a bit. Again, I'm using Sennheisers, and I think it's actually on a good level in comparison to the rest of the sounds, but personally I would like it to be out more. I would also maybe add some stereo effects to the rap verses, but that's a personal preference. The distortion on the singer can be a bit harsh on loud volumes, so just be careful with using distortion. Maybe use some EQ work to negate those piercing frequencies. Otherwise, perfect track in my ears homie!

Thanks again for the feedback btw! Keep up the good work bro

Last edited:
this is hella sick. i love all the effort that was put into just this single track. hard work pays off man. love the feel of this, very positive and energetic, the rappers complement the beat very well. mix is pretty good. this kinda has a feel during the rapped verses thats reminiscent of the early 90s. keep it up man

Maaannnn its hard af to write some feedback on a song that you realy like.
I'll make it simple: Song is dope af. Every little thing is as it should be. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Back