F4F - StonerRock Boombap Cypress kind of beat

Really cool, what instrument is that? You say you play it, is it a real string instrument, or just using the keyboard? I like the natural sound. I agree that it reminds me of Wu-Tang a bit. Maybe could have the kick hit harder and cut through the mix better.

The string sounds like it came from some KUNG FU movie..
Wu Tang got inspiration from the 36 chambers Kung FU FIlms.
Amazing samples come from kung fu films. Their string patterns are dead untouchable. But its the best when a producer creates their own samples.
Hat off to you for this one!!!

Really cool, what instrument is that? You say you play it, is it a real string instrument, or just using the keyboard? I like the natural sound. I agree that it reminds me of Wu-Tang a bit. Maybe could have the kick hit harder and cut through the mix better.

Thanks man, it is a classic guitar, but I routed it through mixer hell and back, delays, reverbs, compression, parallelcompression, dist AMPs, and a wah wah effect connected to a lfo sync. Yeah I did have a more cutting through the mix kick in the beginning but it broke/stole too much energy from the bass guitar, so I compromised with side chain and layered it to be more of a wide feel. :)

Thanks for listening!

Definitely has that Wu-tang feel, like someone else mentioned. I think to take this next level you should make the drums louder and maybe add more unexpected twists to this classic sound to make it more fresh.

Feedback on this please Next of Kin [F4F]

I like it man. Especially the organic feel and sounds. I like that raw edgy sound it has going for it with the guitar with what you were going for. Solid stuff man. Maybe just me, but it would be cool to hear like a breakdown part akin to like the intro again sometime later in the track. Good job though man.

Back