F4F - "Reinvent"

nvr2L8_4me

Hey folks,

Working on something I enjoyed playing around with and wanted to reach out for expert advice.

I haven't really perfected the mix (at all) on this one, but was mostly asking if i should add something more to this (more transitions, effects, different sounds, etc.) or any general feedback.

I do feel like i need an open hat/crash at the start of the chorus, so I'll go back and add that in.

Will always provide feedback in return. Thanks for checking it out.

I think some drums should be added in the intro section of this beat. i wish the main melody flowed a bit better - because of the intro, it felt like th beat had a low bpm; you are left with a lot of space.. The mixing is good though - and the beat definitely picks up as it goes along.I enjoyed it overall, but, yeah, more background instrumentation would help this.

Feedback on this please F4F - You Don't Know Me

I think some drums should be added in the intro section of this beat. i wish the main melody flowed a bit better - because of the intro, it felt like th beat had a low bpm; you are left with a lot of space.. The mixing is good though - and the beat definitely picks up as it goes along.I enjoyed it overall, but, yeah, more background instrumentation would help this.

Feedback on this please F4F - You Don't Know Me

Thanks very much for your feedback here! This is helpful and definitely makes sense. I didn't consider that the intro suggested a diff BPM than what you get, so I'll play around with making that more consistent. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I think it flows pretty naturally. Personally I don't think you have to add much else, but the one thing it could maybe use is a nice fat bassline. Feels like the low end is a bit empty with just that kind of weak kick. Maybe getting a bass synth or 808s could work somewhere.

Here is my beat. [F4F] Poverty

I think it flows pretty naturally. Personally I don't think you have to add much else, but the one thing it could maybe use is a nice fat bassline. Feels like the low end is a bit empty with just that kind of weak kick. Maybe getting a bass synth or 808s could work somewhere.

Here is my beat. [F4F] Poverty

Thanks so much for your feedback here! Ah, I didn't even consider that. That makes perfect sense. I'm going to work on adding in a bassline to beef up the low end and perhaps a heartier kick. Much appreciated! (Going to give my feedback right now)

Back