Hot or Not?

• Hot!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cloud4xL

SoundClick

If ya'll could, please take a listen, and let me know what you think. Been trying to get the mix "right" on this one...can't tell if it's O.K., or if I'm just suffering from ear fatigue. lol

Anyway, any & all feedback is appreciated, and if you want me to check out & comment on one of yours, feel free to drop the link; I'll try to give to listen to everybody that gives their opinion. :cool:

Thanks!

Sidenote: Uploaded to Soundclick, 'cuz I don't have (and refuse to get lol) a Soundcloud. ;)

I like the direction you're taking but I feel there could be some improvements. First thing that comes into mind is the bass, it's too loud - best way to judge that is to find a reference mix, use your ear, analyzers etc. The synth is cool but it carries on for too long, I'd either play with filtering or just change the synth after few repeats. The dry snap sounds good but for a 4:22 beat I'd add some new elements to keep it fresh.

Mycelial Cords - Out of Touch |F4F|

Soundcloud I probably won't do just 'cuz I started out with Soundclick, and I'm stayin' loyal. lol I actually have a YouTube...I'll probably try to leverage that platform a little more once I feel like I've got a better hang of mixing though. And Spotify...hmm...have to look into that. You have to go through a distribution service like DistroKid to get your stuff on Spotify, right?

Anyway, 'preciate the feedback! :cool:

I like the direction you're taking but I feel there could be some improvements. First thing that comes into mind is the bass, it's too loud - best way to judge that is to find a reference mix, use your ear, analyzers etc. The synth is cool but it carries on for too long, I'd either play with filtering or just change the synth after few repeats. The dry snap sounds good but for a 4:22 beat I'd add some new elements to keep it fresh.

Mycelial Cords - Out of Touch |F4F|

Yeah, I just listened to it again on a computer at a public library, and it sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaay different on this computer than it does on mine (which I produced it on), which is weird because one of the other songs I have on my page ("PSYCHO")--which was mixed by a pro--sounds pretty much the same as it does on my computer, so I'm gonna have to learn how to mix for consistency across different listening platforms...I guess? lol

I'll probably leave the main synth as it is 'cuz I like the arrangement where it's at right now (I feel like mixed right, I could kill this track lol), and didn't want the beat to do too much.

As for the snap, I actually started out with some delay/echo on it, but I don't know if it was my mixing, or the delay VST I used itself, but for some reason, I couldn't get the delay to sustain the way I wanted it to, so I just left it basic. lol 'Prolly go back @ some point & play around with the mix a bit more.

But 'preciate the feedback! :cool:

Soundcloud I probably won't do just 'cuz I started out with Soundclick, and I'm stayin' loyal. lol I actually have a YouTube...I'll probably try to leverage that platform a little more once I feel like I've got a better hang of mixing though. And Spotify...hmm...have to look into that. You have to go through a distribution service like DistroKid to get your stuff on Spotify, right?

Anyway, 'preciate the feedback! :cool:

lol in 2014 i was saying the same thing til i tried soundcloud and loved it you'll come to the darkside soon or later sir..lol

lol in 2014 i was saying the same thing til i tried soundcloud and loved it you'll come to the darkside soon or later sir..lol

Thing is, I just remembered, I'm pretty sure I already "caved" and have one now...just don't use/haven't used it. lol I can't lie, the temptation is DEFINITELY there though.

Last edited:
Back