[F4F] Morning Glory

BM_XT

Can't figure out the proper arrangement for this song's parts. I like each instrument's part but I understand that there is only one best way to arrange them. Maybe you can add some clarity.

Leave links to your tracks, I will give my thoughtful feedback.

Cool I get what you are aiming at and the melodies are really good, what you need is some strong buildups and a change up in the drums. Right now there is no momentum and it feels like I lose interest as a listener because no specific element is in focus and the melodic changes becomes flat. You can fix this by rearrange and use automation on your volume levels to put focus on different elements in you mix during the whole beat. Keep em coming man! :)

F4F F4F - Hiphop/Reggae with trap influences Video

True. You just pointed out my weakest side. Buildups and stuff like that baffle me completely. I have no logic for this nor intuition. Maybe copying popular structure could be the solution.

I see what you mean what I noticed is there is no build up or anticipation to keep listeners engaged and waiting for a drop also theres no transitions to let the listeners know the beats changing or going into a hook or verse. Also I think you've got too much elements playing at the same time I think you need to go back to the arrangement and space out the elements of the song so they slowly come in and build up and remove some at certain points removing things and adding them back in later always works. Structure your beats in the order you want e.g intro - verse - chorus (hook) - verse - chorus (hook) - outro thats just a example you can arrange the beta however you want but its best to stick to the genres arrangement style.

Check out my latest.
[F4F] Playboi Carti x Pierre Bourne (Bouncy/Melodic) Type Beat [F4F]

I think I'd say is to maybe give the drums a break. They don't sound bad at all. But they're playing throughout the whole beat and it would be better if the melody was shining a little more with out the drums hitting all the time. Everything else tho sounds good. Definitely liked it when each different set of drums came out of nowhere. Added creativity to the whole beat.

There are tons of guides on youtube for this stuff, and how to add color and interesting parts to your beat. Just learn automation, fills and transitions, and it will make you that much better.

Last edited:
Re: transitions, just copy what you hear in popular beats on actual songs.

I usually sample, but when I compose, I usually start with 1 melody and then after 4 bars bring some percussive elements and the bass, 4 bars later add a countermelody, then transition into the hook with a snare roll or sound effect and/or drop. Don't over think transitions.

Bass needs to hit harder, that shit sound make the trunk rattle but it sounds barely present in the track imo. Really the like the lead melody and the countermelody was ok.

This track has potential but just needs the arrangement fixed. Good job.

the piano/pianos you used are nice for sure, i feel like there is maybe to many different melodies going on at once most of the time this is why it might feel like there is not alot of progression. i like the sounds used but maybe there is just to many? nice work though the drums are nice but do get a tad repetitive but thats the same for most beats mine included.

any feedback on this would be appreciated

Lil Skies x Trippie Redd - "My Wave" [F4F]

Back