[F4F] Jazzhop Debut

radio_vamorda

Inspired by some tutorials and tracks with rain samples I've made my first jazzhop track called 'Rainy Day'. I would appreciate a lot if you could check it and let me know what your thoughts are, personally I'd be happy to get to know your thoughts especially about:

• volume automation - if it is not too much of it going on and it does still sound natural to you?
  • low end - if it is controlled well and what do you think about bassline?
  • if the sax sound / processing choice is good? Personally I liked it and think it is done well, I would be happy to get your thoughts about it as well.

As in the title, if you'd like to get feedback on your track from me - just drop the link or let me know if it is in your signature and I will definitely check and do my best to give you some useful feedback on it.

First of all i gotta say that melodies are really outstanding. Mix is really clean. Melodies are wide and well shaped. Not one part of the beat is the same, you succeed in maintaining it to be interesting. Kick and Snare are not in the spotlight (main element of the beat), but i feel like they need more volume input and some soft clipping. I think that it would give this track an outstanding bounce, since these hihats are insanely bouncy! Generally it is an amazing beat! Good job, i want to hear more of these beats!

Thank you for checking and sharing your opinion, really pleased to read such review. I think you are right with the drums, definitely would pay more attention to them. I already used some NY compression and EQ'ing on them, I think in case of this beat I should have checked different samples. Thanks for pointing this out, I will try to improve the drums next time.

omg maaaaaan this is the sampling which I love !
Sax is my favourite instrument to listening. GREAT !!
Bass and automation is ok I think and arrange is nice.
I hear the problem almost in every beginning of each loop...
the samples cut like in 00:36-00:37 and in 1:03-1:04. It's not natural.

Anyway, generally beat is dope !

Please leave feedback on my topic:
futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-and-receive-feedback-/rap-chill-rap-boom-bap-trap-dirty-south-etc/kozibeats-skull-feed-feed-554992/

Last edited:
This is is really consistent yet the changes and transitions bring it together nicely. It sounds real natural to me and the sax processing is attractive and effective for sure. By ear the only thing i will say is the mid range warping sound you had throughout is a little over powering at times. I'm not sure whether its a case of bringing it down a bit or bringing the drums up a bit. but the risers and cymbal crashes couldn't be more on point.

Enjoying what you're doing with this though :victory: very smooth composition of sounds.

(F4F) Kush-D - Know Thyself (Full lyrical project/mix tape/UK Hip Hop/Boom Bap/)

Last edited:
Thanks for checking my track recently and pointing out the mid range sound, I will check the overall balance next time more accurately. In case of sax it was just a free VST, but I agree that in this case the sound is really dope

While listening I made some notes on your track:

1) I liked the intro a lot and especially the piano sound - my question is where'd you got this one from?
2) The effect you put on vocal in 0:26 - I think I would use it much more often to increase the lazy/smooth/mellow mood of the track.
3) Nice lyrics, it is audible that they required more time and commitment to create something like that (I mean on this level)
4) Just my feeling of taste - I think it would even better for a track to have some background vocalises like singing 'aaaaa' or 'uuuuu' with some melody.
5) Cool chorus - I waited for some singing and actually it is dope as well as rhyming in your case, so respect for vocal skills.
6) Some other ideas on your beat - I think I would mute once or twice the whole drums for shorter moments, especially when more important parts of vocal are in to point them out.
7) Second idea is the reverb on snare (dope choice BTW) - I think here the reverb and its decay should be more audible, I thought about introducing some distortion to reverb could make it sound more distinct

Generally I enjoyed listening to this track, it has a really distinct vibe, so respect for your work. I will check the rest of your tracks as well and will update my comment to let you know which tracks caught my attention the most

Thanks for feedback on my thread. I put a more descriptive reply on there as i didn't wanna make you're thread about my stuff. ;) look forward to hearing more sounds from you. Keep up the nice work.

Back