F4F Heavy Distorted Rap Madness - The Funk Junkie x Acher

The Funk Junkie

Hey everyone, it's been a bit since I was back on here. Here's the latest track I made with a local emcee. Constructive criticism on mixing, sound design, and the general organization and vibe is always appreciated and feedback will be returned if you drop a link! You know how it is...

Mixing wise I felt it was to loud I understand you're trying to make the cymbals really sound epic and big but I think you could turn it down a bit so its not overshadowing the kick drum and the snare. I love the little guitar rifts that move across the track that was real dope to me. I like the vibe of the track it sounds fort ma\inor type just the pace of the track and the rhythmn. It's very nice a good job !

Last edited:
I agree with the guy above mostly. I think the cymbals are too much. I like the other sound. This sounds like Atmosphere song. Especially the rapper. Reminds me of Slug. I like the sound design overall.

Not too much to hate on. I like the live drums on all your beats bro. I agree on the cymbals but thats it. The rest is fire, mixing is on point too.

Dope track. I see your sound revolves around live instruments which is dope. I agree with the guy about the cymbals tho. Other than that, If you get your mixing down you'll be great

Gotta agree with everyone here, the cymbals definitely overpower the rest of the drums. shits loud
I also feel like the bass could be messed with a little bit, something to add a little bit of expression. that shits up to you but I would experiment with maybe some creative side chaining with the kick on the offbeats or boost the higher frequencies of the bass ever so slightly to build some contrast

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-etc/f4f-insert-rapper-here-type-beat-518209/

Last edited:
i like the old school vibe, that rapping guy has a good flov and clearly diction.
if you could make something with cymbals but that is only my opinion.

i disagree regarding the cymbals, think they sound good, reminds me of diamond district. just i think the vocal could be mixed a bit differently, like some fx and saturation to make it a bit more dirty so it fits the percussive madness more. dont really enjoy the guys vocal approach, too monotonous, the beat is dope tho, enjoy the way it progresses and the contrast between the melodic drop outs and the drums and then how they come together.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I didn't realize the cymbals would be so divisive! I put them in there to make it a gritty in-your-face kind of track but I definitely feel what the rest of you guys are saying. It's kind of a tough call with the sound design. I'm worried that it would be too empty if I took them out, you know?

Your track is dope man, what I felt was that the Kick should pop in a lil bit more, the cymbals sound fine they compliment that gritty distorted feel you are looking for.The string sample sounds like something outta bollywood movies, adds a nice flavor. The drum room feel is on point, The Mc sounds dope Man Keep up the good work.

This is dope man. I like the rapping and the sounds you used
the drums sound super dope. The cymbals are good and they are complimenting the agressive feel of the track but I think it would be better if you didn't use them throught the song. They could be used only on the hook or verses or else, so that people would get a moment to relax. But that's only my personal opinion and nothing against the track itself.

Back