F4F - The Funk Junkie feat. Akrobatik & Scarub - "Touch the Ground"

The Funk Junkie

What's up FP? Here's a new track with made with some heroes of mine (Akrobatik & Scarub from Living Legends). I've had this one in the works for about 3 years and have been pulling my hair out trying to re-write the bass line (I just feel like it's a little dated...). Eventually I just had to admit that I was stuck and put it out for the world to judge! However, if there's any feedback on the mixing or bass, I have a SC pro account now so I can make changes and re-upload it pretty easily. I'm always looking to improve.

As always, constructive feedback will be returned (drop a link) and COMMENTS ON SOUNDCLOUD ARE SUPER APPRECIATED TOO! Peace!

This track is really dope I'm feeling it the beats nice & funky as well I see what you mean about the baseline is dated but I like it in my opinion it fits well with the track, the vocals are nice and clear only thing I would say needs adjusting a lil is the hi hats they are really quiet. The artist featured on the track are dope too their flow is mad reminds me of Outkast overall great track I like man.

Thanks so much for the feedback on my other thread, this song is really fucking cool. I think the bassline is actually really solid as is, the movement within it provides the song with such a great forward momentum that is only further perpetuated by some fire verses. You've for sure got a new follower man, I'm looking forward to going through your backlog as well as hearing your new stuff!

getting a RTJ vibe off this, it is different, but in a good way, also it sounds very proffesional, keep it up!

Dope track my man. That bassline is wavy af. The mix with the rappers is great. Nice track very underground grime feel. Dope shit. I just hit your cloud.
Check out my latest beat.
Earl Sweatshirt Type Beat Lofi Boom Bap Feedback for Feedback 100% Guarantee

Sounds like some Run The Jewels type shit. The bass is cool bro. I fits the style of music that you are going for with this track. That first rapper was my favorite. Overall this is nice.

Thanks for your feedback, now I am returning
Good job! First one is properly unique with crazy vibe - lots of things are happenning in the first one and the second one. First one - more... I love the drum line in the second one and base line in the first one. With the rappers there are proper anthems! Both should be playing in radio ;)

Damn this is sum funkadelic stuff here bruh. I'm digging those drums you got going. Horns sounds awesome when they fade in perfect transitions. I really do no see a problem wit the bassline. I guess you can say its dated but you also gotta look at the factor that it fits perfect and insync wit the rest of the instruments. I feel like if you did a switch up it just wouldn't sound this awesome. Great work all the way around! Yall did a great job on this! keep it up.

Really like that flute that comes in towards the back of the mix (it is a flute I'm assuming?) Nice job on the mix overall, I think one thing that could improve this track is more complex drums, however since you already have vocals over the beat it doesn't get too repetitive.

the 1st verse i like the voice and the diction is pretty good for the tempo. Kinda reminds me of Redman in terms of tone.. Not sure about the melody in the chorus it sounds out of tune but i get what you are going for... The lyrics in the chorus work well enough.. The ssecond verse is also pretty good although some bits arent as tight as the first verse.. I liked the jack nicholas line it flowed so well tho.. the sax was a nice touch, gave it depth. This is a very solid piece of work the rapping was incredible so was the production (apaart from the one chorus bit lol) . Keep it up! RtF? Peace Anime Freestyle Challenge!!!!! [F4F]

Really like that flute that comes in towards the back of the mix (it is a flute I'm assuming?) Nice job on the mix overall, I think one thing that could improve this track is more complex drums, however since you already have vocals over the beat it doesn't get too repetitive.

Thanks man, glad you liked it! It's a sample with muted trumpets actually, sounds very flute-like though because of the mixing of the original track.

This shit goes hard as hell. I see why you would say the bass line is dated because of the whole dubstep sound that came and went. That being said, it fits.
This is fire man. The horns and sax sound really nice on this. The melody is amazing on this. The progression is SOLID. Overall, I really like this. I wouldn't change a thing.
I'm honestly not the biggest Living Legends fan, but on this they sound really nice. Did you actually work with them on this or is this something you made using an acapella?
Either way, this shit is FIRE.

This shit goes hard as hell. I see why you would say the bass line is dated because of the whole dubstep sound that came and went. That being said, it fits.
This is fire man. The horns and sax sound really nice on this. The melody is amazing on this. The progression is SOLID. Overall, I really like this. I wouldn't change a thing.
I'm honestly not the biggest Living Legends fan, but on this they sound really nice. Did you actually work with them on this or is this something you made using an acapella?
Either way, this shit is FIRE.

thanks man, Ak (1st verse) isn't in Living Legends but Scarub is. All original stuff, no acapella

That's cool i like it alot, intro got me hyped up
the bassline is cool, maybe lower it an octave? and some changes to not make it repititive...you know..like dubstep style smth
Also the trumpets at the end are super cool, i'd love to hear them during the song together with the singing
Guitar Chill

pretty solid track. I do like the bass sound, but it a little bit repetitive towards the end of the song imo.
I like the samples you used throughout the track!

Yo I really like it its composed really well through out the track and they definitely can flow and are on point. Good work!

Thanks for my feedback nice track like the intro and the way the track builds up, solid mix. Well done and keep up the good work :)

Back