[F4F] To The Ends Of This World - #hypeaf #godliusone #lmaowtfisanoisegate

MedliusOne

Dearest denizens of FutureProducers.com, it has been a great joy to listen to the various artists here and engage in discussions :] I hope that ye will humour me now on this monolithic track i've been workin on and off for a few weeks or so. Truthfully....most of the melodies, string sections, brass etc, I was able to write them pretty quick. What really took up alot of my time was (my attempts at) mastering, and finding all the right places to put the pretty bells and whistles as punctuation. I'm real fuggin hesitant when it comes to finishing touches :p

what is this track, exactly....in a couple sentences, it's a summary of myself and what i wish to be - a catalyst of dramatic change and transformation, a glimpse into the brilliance and potential of any creatively inclined persons. that is my mission in life, and I hope I am able to adeptly illustrate this vision here today...

anyway!

This is the third iteration of this project, will continue to polish it up and am open in particular to any tips on mixing and mastering.

To The Ends Of This World Ver 1.3 by Medley | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
I checked it out man, it sounds really different from what I'm used to hearing. I see you put it under your soundcloud as Hiphop genre so my critique will come from that standpoint. The bass isn't moving its just there for the most part. Also the strings kind of throw me off because they are in a different scale from the rest of the beat

I checked it out man, it sounds really different from what I'm used to hearing. I see you put it under your soundcloud as Hiphop genre so my critique will come from that standpoint. The bass isn't moving its just there for the most part. Also the strings kind of throw me off because they are in a different scale from the rest of the beat

appreciate the feedback! =)

yeh, admittedly there is a great deal of adjustment I will have to make with my bass riffing, its not quite as lively as I would have liked for it to be. i think i may have held back because i was afraid of over-playing it, but I'll keep workin on that section and see what else i can do

hmm....different scales? I do intend for some dissonance and polytonal items to manifest, but it's possible I may have made a mistake somewhere. if its not too much of a bother, could you give me a timestamp? I'll see if i can elaborate on my choices.

again thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it

That angelic synth/choir chord at the beginning is cool, definitely feels like it's building into something. The piano riff over the top is a nice touch as well. After it drops, it gives me a lot of video game vibes, like something you'd hear in an opening FMV or something. I'd like to hear a bit more of the bass as I can tell there's some interesting stuff going on but it doesn't have much punch to it and gets lost in the mix. The strings sound a bit off-key around 2:54 so I'd check that out as well. There's a good amount of progression throughout but it is a long listen so I'd maybe look at consdensing it if you can. I always try and keep my tracks around the 3 minute mark as people generally have short attention spans - that's just me though, not a solid rule. Nice job overall, keep it up.

That angelic synth/choir chord at the beginning is cool, definitely feels like it's building into something. The piano riff over the top is a nice touch as well. After it drops, it gives me a lot of video game vibes, like something you'd hear in an opening FMV or something. I'd like to hear a bit more of the bass as I can tell there's some interesting stuff going on but it doesn't have much punch to it and gets lost in the mix. The strings sound a bit off-key around 2:54 so I'd check that out as well. There's a good amount of progression throughout but it is a long listen so I'd maybe look at consdensing it if you can. I always try and keep my tracks around the 3 minute mark as people generally have short attention spans - that's just me though, not a solid rule. Nice job overall, keep it up.

thx for the feedback, man

damnit, i get told by alot of my friends that my material has a video game-ish vibe to it lol it seems i can't get away from it even in hip-hop. yea my mixing skills are pretty much nonexistent, still learning the basics as i unfortunately lacked the patience to grit and learn it all the first time around. I'll see what other synths or amp settings I can use to make the bass more pronounced.

ah, 2:54....yes, I see what yall mean. in that part, I was trying to bridge from a dissonant section back into something more harmonic. putting that task on the strings alone with nothing backing them might not have been the best idea, i must admit. i'll definitely have to explore other options

as for the length, yeh its very much a long listen. that part is kind of non-negotiable, tho :p i very much want this to be something more for the ears of other producers and hip-hop heads with an affinity for instrumentation, and basically any youngins who enlisted in like school bands and stuff. that'll limit my scope a good bit, but this is just what excites me. in the future i might try makin something that follows modern mainstream conventions more closely, but for now its gonna be length stuff like this lol

thanks again for the feedback. you keep it up as well, that album you dropped had some of the best material i've heard in a while

Def getting video game vibes! And you played the opening piano riff? I love the live drum feel to this one. I do enjoy the natural progression of the track it grows as it goes along into something more. Imo this feels more like glitch hop or future bass some sort of play on end more than it feels like hip hop. To me it doesn’t have enough hip hop elements. Specifically the groove and rhythm of the track. But otherwise good work, def can hear this on gran turismo or final fantasy. Lastly I agree 7 mins is a long track to listen w no lyrics for hip hop I’d probably shorten it as well. Your average listener will skip the track before hitting the 7 min mark.

Heres my thread for feedback thanks!

The intro felt slightly too long for me for a hip hop track. Really dope when all the drums and everything drop though. I would watch overwhelming the track with a bunch of noises, it gets slightly muddy at a few points like the first main section. Maybe could turn down a few of the instrumentals just a bit to leave some room. Overall though this is really beautiful and dynamic. Very different from a normal hip hop beat for sure, buy I enjoyed it. A lot of catchy high energy in there.

The intro pad could be a bit more subtle, or it could have some automation to fade in.

You're really good with melodies overall, and you definitely bring a soundtrack vibe really well here with your choice of instruments and your arrangement

I think you should check out the low end of the track, I think it could do with some work to clean it up. Check out some tutorials, I really think this track has potential!

Id really like to work with you one day.
Who are your influences if you dont mind me asking?

Keep up the good work by the way!

Check out my track when you can :D

[F4F] Emotional Haunting Melancholy Instrumental - "Time" [F4F]

my apologies for this late response, life got super-busy for me these days. thanks to everyone who gave this a listen, i'll respond to all of u now.

The intro felt slightly too long for me for a hip hop track. Really dope when all the drums and everything drop though. I would watch overwhelming the track with a bunch of noises, it gets slightly muddy at a few points like the first main section. Maybe could turn down a few of the instrumentals just a bit to leave some room. Overall though this is really beautiful and dynamic. Very different from a normal hip hop beat for sure, buy I enjoyed it. A lot of catchy high energy in there.

thx mate, i'll try to be careful with the clutter moving forward. its unfortunate but i might have to replace the double bass =( that vst takes up ALOT of the low ends

Dope stuff..really like the atmospheric quality of this track,dude...it's always good to hear Hip Hop based music interpreted in different ways for me personally,an artform which can be very conservative and predictable at times but this is the opposite of that so keep up the good work!

Will also check out your Soundcloud. :)

Beats:

Here We Are One Time (Album Mix) | Danswift

Danswift | Free Listening on SoundCloud

glad ye liked it =)

gave your album a listen this morning. very nice vibes for sure, the type of stuff i need when I'm doing art-things. I'll have to follow your stuff. will check out your soundcloud in the afternoon

The intro pad could be a bit more subtle, or it could have some automation to fade in.

You're really good with melodies overall, and you definitely bring a soundtrack vibe really well here with your choice of instruments and your arrangement

I think you should check out the low end of the track, I think it could do with some work to clean it up. Check out some tutorials, I really think this track has potential!

Id really like to work with you one day.
Who are your influences if you dont mind me asking?

Keep up the good work by the way!

Check out my track when you can :D

[F4F] Emotional Haunting Melancholy Instrumental - "Time" [F4F]

thx for your feedback!

I have thought about smoothing out the intro, but my idea with having the pad pop immediately like that off the start is that it's an abrupt jump into a totally different world - once you're there, you're there, and it's alot to take in but you start to acclimate to it slowly as you take in your surroundings. I will definitely need to rework the low end, tho....

i'd be interested in collabs with any willing producers as well, but i am very new to this so there might be some difficulty, particularly because I'm in mexico lol :p

my influences?.....hmm....hard to say, honestly. I have alot of artists i like, but none in particular I really try to emulate. In general, I like alot of progressive rock and progressive metal. I...uh...I might get lynched for saying this lol but one of my guilty pleasures is watching reaction channels. one of them is the Lost In Vegas channel, who are two hip-hop heads exploring non-hip-hop genres. they've started going down the path of metal, which seems to have started with Metallica's lengthy thrash metal pieces that feature alot of transitions and is greatly instrumentally-driven. This is turning into a very long response lol, but uh....anyway, the Lost In Vegas guys really lost their minds over the transitions at times, and as someone who got into playing guitar and drums thanks to bands like Metallica, I could understand the emotions and hype they were feeling. That's sort of where this idea started, I guess, where I just wanted to bring that type of electricity into hip-hop. Not that hip-hop is boring, not at all, but this is just a very different type of hype - one that comes from instrumentation rather than from an MC.

anyway....there aren't any specific artists that come to mind as far as influences go, but this type of structure is largely inspired from the general idea of progression and evolution. In the future however I do intend on introducing a bit of chromatic and atonal conventions, and those definitely have their influences in the form of Alexander Scriabin. I'm glad you like my melodies, but honestly my tonal instincts pale in comparison to the feats displayed on Vers La Flamme :p

whew...that was alot of words. I'll hit up ur thread in a minute, apologies for my lateness

Def getting video game vibes! And you played the opening piano riff? I love the live drum feel to this one. I do enjoy the natural progression of the track it grows as it goes along into something more. Imo this feels more like glitch hop or future bass some sort of play on end more than it feels like hip hop. To me it doesn’t have enough hip hop elements. Specifically the groove and rhythm of the track. But otherwise good work, def can hear this on gran turismo or final fantasy. Lastly I agree 7 mins is a long track to listen w no lyrics for hip hop I’d probably shorten it as well. Your average listener will skip the track before hitting the 7 min mark.

Heres my thread for feedback thanks!

i lack a keyboard at the moment, unfortunately, so nope this was all vsts lol. used to have one but had to sell it because of financial problems last year. thanks for ur feedback, fam, will check out ur thread in a sec. my apologies for the late reply

Back