F4F - Elliterate "The Verses Part II"

The Funk Junkie

Latest release. I had some trouble trying to get the vocals to sit right, seems like the openness of the beat combined with the heavy bass makes it sound like the vocals are too quiet on big speakers and too loud on small speakers. I tried to find a happy medium. What do you guys think? As always, feedback will be returned if you drop a link! ...I'm not the rapper, I made the beat, mixed, and mastered the track...

Here's social media links if interested in more...

The Funk Junkie
Elliterate
TheFunkJunkie | The Funk Junkie | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Simple beat but it really works with these vocals.. I was only listening through good headphones but the level of volume for the vocals sounded spot on to me. :)

I listened to this on my monitors (I have Rokit 6s) and the vocals sounded very clean and level. I could hear your rapper perfectly. Sick bass man, it's thumbing right along with the drums. Your boy can flow I just wanted to add that in there. Very good mix man I actually am going to look your boy up for more music I like this that much. Do you do all his beats?

Thanks for the feed guys, I went ahead and returned it all back to you!

I listened to this on my monitors (I have Rokit 6s) and the vocals sounded very clean and level. I could hear your rapper perfectly. Sick bass man, it's thumbing right along with the drums. Your boy can flow I just wanted to add that in there. Very good mix man I actually am going to look your boy up for more music I like this that much. Do you do all his beats?

Glad you liked it man! I do almost all of his beats as well as all of the mixing and mastering. 90% or so. The most recent project we're finishing up has two beats by other people. We've been working together for 5-6 years, here's some older stuff if you're interested.

https://shaymlusly-elliterate.bandcamp.com/

yeah sounds great on my cheap m-audio monitors, vocal is perfectly mixed. i think the beat is a bit boring but it works well as a canvas for the rapper to paint on. i prefer more melody, there is too little melodic input for my taste. the drum pattern works well as a supporting element. good stuff.

This falls into the category of the traditional hiphop, the patterns and composition are well made and the sounds are clean.
The vocals are fine. Although I notice some pats seem like there's a guitar sim being run through em at the beginning.

This just my opinion but the snare could be doubled on a few of the hits with an effect on one and the one you already have throughout the beat.
Like one edited with a spread thing while the other stays untouched and on every now and then the spreaded one shows up at the same time as the one already present.

Or maybe even a weak snare to put under a few of the snare to bump a few of the hits up, maybe about 3 or 4 times throughout the track.

video was dope.. choose a beat that's more today.. it felt kinda boring .. mix was clean overall though.. good job but anyway, checkout my new song I put up https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-and-receive-feedback-/rap-chill-rap-boom-bap-trap-dirty-south-etc/slurrty-top-down-produced-slurrty-feed-4-feed-drop-links-513873/?highlight=

Back