(F4F) Doja Cat Type Beat

Dope beat! Good deal of nice little melodies here and there. I like the vocal sample but I think it could be tamed with some compression, sounds harsh at times. I'm not sure about the strings that come in later, I don't think the tone works well - maybe if you'd put a chorus and some distortion on them, not sure - they stand out in a bad way. I think that the composition is top notch, I like the amount of detail in the track - lovely wide sounding perc.

Mine

I like how atmospheric all the melodies are. Some eq and compression might help tame the moments where stuff runs a little hot. Cool Doja vibe, tho. Check me out here when you get a chance.

Try to stick with a repeatedly basic idea. What I'm saying is that, I can't remember or hum to any of the melodies because they have a very experimental structure. If you are going for more experimental melodies, then I understand.

Electricity by Majestic | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks for listening and your feedback.

Your track needs some serious mixing work IMO. I think there is something unique about it and possibly some potential, but the mix and the recording did not sound clean. I suggest putting some focus into improving on it or getting someone to do it for you. If you are just starting out there is no way but up and you will only improve if you stick at it. -- just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Back