(F4F) Darkness and Light by Mango: Pharrell + Kaytranada type beat

I love the vibe of this track. Definitely has the Pharrell vibe I think you were going for. The sound selection and arrangement is really good. As far as mixing, I think the sounds blend together a bit and I would consider adjusting the levels of each element and EQing them all differently so they occupy different frequencies a bit more. Hope that helps. Here's my latest if you have time: YouTube

I love the vibe of this track. Definitely has the Pharrell vibe I think you were going for. The sound selection and arrangement is really good. As far as mixing, I think the sounds blend together a bit and I would consider adjusting the levels of each element and EQing them all differently so they occupy different frequencies a bit more. Hope that helps. Here's my latest if you have time: YouTube
I like this track man, guitar sample/melody is dope.

I was waiting for some piano to come in and you didn't disappoint either. I think the beat is mixed well. I think the 808 could be EQ'd slightly so it's warmer though. I can imagine some emo rock rap on this too.

Last edited:
That little high sounding voice hit is cool. Nice vibes. It has a really awesome melody with the synth chords. I would say the kick could sound a bit bigger and hit harder through everything. I like the sound of that clap. The mix overall could maybe sound a big bigger/wider if you know what I mean. But overall I really dig the melody and the vibes.

My beat.

F4F - Angels

Last edited:
This is dope and def Pharell vibes. I just wanna be at a summer time back yard bbq getting my drink on to this track. Love the energy on this one. Nothing much to critique but the mix. I feel like the high end is a little high. but the overall volume levels are spot on. the only thing i think needs work is to duck each instrument a little better into its respective eq band (Low, Mid, High) so the instruments can truly shine! it sounds like they kinda are bleeding thru one channel as opposed to a beautiful blend of sounds. But overall good work

Heres my new beat for feedback when you get a chance thanks!

Thanks for leaving me feedback man!

I can defiantly hear the Pharell/ Kaytranada vibe! The kick needs some more punch to it but other than that it sounds good!

Keep up the good work
- DROG Beats

Back