F4F - BoomBap Oldschool beat with redman acapella

Oh man, this is nice. I was laughing at that raw austin powers snippet. It lead into the sample perfectly compared with what Red starts saying. The vox chops, effects, hell - them damn maracas got me bobbin my head the whole time. Definitely a true old school vibe. Loved it. Nothing critical to provide, just a dope a$$ track.

Last edited:
Oh man, this is nice. I was laughing at that raw austin powers snippet. It lead into the sample perfectly compared with what Red starts saying. The vox chops, effects, hell - them damn maracas got me bobbin my head the whole time. Definitely a true old school vibe. Loved it. Nothing critical to provide, just a dope a$$ track.

Thanks man, appreciate it! hehe yeah the dog sample is my own dog that barks on command now, cuts made with serato vinyl :)

really dope beat! i like the sound selection you used, very old school boom bap type sound. i have to say the samples and synths you used sound a bit low quality. i get that you were going for an old school vibe but you may want to work on mixing those samples so they pop out a bit better. other than that, really good job keep it up!

really dope beat! i like the sound selection you used, very old school boom bap type sound. i have to say the samples and synths you used sound a bit low quality. i get that you were going for an old school vibe but you may want to work on mixing those samples so they pop out a bit better. other than that, really good job keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback man! I would say mission accomplished since I did not use any specific sample (except acapellas), the bass i my own bass guitar and the synth is the Loung lizard Rhodes, shaker is a beer can with rice, dog is my own dog hehe :)
I did how ever throw on the izotope vinyl on the master to "lo-fi" it down and get a more authentic feel from back in the days.

Last edited:
Back