[F4F] Aggresive Chief Keef x Southside x G Herbo Type Beat [F4F]

The beats fire.

There's the right stereo spacing and EQ is good, sounds clean enough to my ears. I like the delay in the main sample/melody that runs throughout the track. Variation through the track so the beat doesn't get boring either, but it's not a mess of ideas either which you get from sections being different.

Think if there was anything I would criticise, maybe that part in 2:15 could have been a tape stop or a clean break with no music(where the person would ideally say an adlib or a catchphrase or something like that) rather than having any percussion there so there's more of an effect when the Chorus comes in. Joint hits harder that way.

Also like in UK Drill songs(I know this is a chief keef type joint) I'd probably have put a low pass at some point. Other than that everything sounds fire.

The low end sounds great to me. I think you used a great mixture of sounds in this one. The bell matched with the synths do a great job of making it feel big and dramatic. Mix sounds good and clean!

fire 808s right off the bat. also really like the sound selection. maybe id throw in a counter melody in there. very solid work, keep grinding

im my opinion there are too many elements and it's hard to maintain consistency but it worked out well
428 (prod. Slight Feather & TARA$) by Slight Feather | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I agree but that doesnt have to mean this track doesnt work. In my opinion this is a dope ass FESTIVAL trap song. like a song DJ mustard would mix in at Hard Summer or something. But because of the number of elements it doesnt provide "space" for vocals. So as far as consistency goes it would be hard for an artist to find a rhythm but all in all its a banger wither way for me. solid mix. nice instrumentation and variation. Remove a few elements to give it some common song structure to follow and it would be ready for an artist.

heres my newest beat for feedback when you get a chance

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated ill take in what you said and apply it to my next beat.
The beats fire.

There's the right stereo spacing and EQ is good, sounds clean enough to my ears. I like the delay in the main sample/melody that runs throughout the track. Variation through the track so the beat doesn't get boring either, but it's not a mess of ideas either which you get from sections being different.

Think if there was anything I would criticise, maybe that part in 2:15 could have been a tape stop or a clean break with no music(where the person would ideally say an adlib or a catchphrase or something like that) rather than having any percussion there so there's more of an effect when the Chorus comes in. Joint hits harder that way.

Also like in UK Drill songs(I know this is a chief keef type joint) I'd probably have put a low pass at some point. Other than that everything sounds fire.

Thank you.
The low end sounds great to me. I think you used a great mixture of sounds in this one. The bell matched with the synths do a great job of making it feel big and dramatic. Mix sounds good and clean!

Thanks for the feedback.
fire 808s right off the bat. also really like the sound selection. maybe id throw in a counter melody in there. very solid work, keep grinding

Thanks for the feedback I get what ya saying I seem to get that a lot I've been trying to make my beats less cluttered but I still seem to have the same problem lol I guess I gotta go back and strip somethings down I left ya some feedback as well.
im my opinion there are too many elements and it's hard to maintain consistency but it worked out well
428 (prod. Slight Feather & TARA$) by Slight Feather | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks for the dope feedback much appreciated and I get what you mean about all the elements and this being better suited for a festival trap song I always seem to have this issue with overdoing beats I get carried away sometimes because I cant hear vocals as I'm making it so I try fill up the spaces but I need to learn not todo that.
I agree but that doesnt have to mean this track doesnt work. In my opinion this is a dope ass FESTIVAL trap song. like a song DJ mustard would mix in at Hard Summer or something. But because of the number of elements it doesnt provide "space" for vocals. So as far as consistency goes it would be hard for an artist to find a rhythm but all in all its a banger wither way for me. solid mix. nice instrumentation and variation. Remove a few elements to give it some common song structure to follow and it would be ready for an artist.

heres my newest beat for feedback when you get a chance

I like this a lot. This mix is very clean and the 808 are in a dope pattern. Very nice work on this one. Is that a Metal Gear Solid sample or am i trippin?

dope beat man, love the flute. drums are hard af aswell the only thing i dislike is when the melody is only panned to the left or right. i know you have done this on purpose but to me when listening through headphones theres to much empty space left on the one side if you get me. still love the every sound you used it bangs, great work other than that bro.

the beat goes! if it was up to me, I wouldve used this melody for a full on drill beat, it has the drill vibe to me, but it sounds good as a trap beat as well. mix and master sounds fine over my headphones, and one thing that stuck out is the hi hats are worked really well. I wouldve made them a tad louder as it really adds a nice layer to the track, and its nice to the ear. Only other critique is i think I wouldve tried some different kinds of 808s, but it still slaps w the 808s u used. we need to collab send me loops ! jmfiorenza5@gmail.com also peep my new track 67 ft RONJON (prod hendo) by fivesix | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Definitely feeling this. Love that one instrument in particular, that kind of maybe reversed synth? I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. It kind of holds it together for me. Excellent work on the drums as well--kept me enticed. Just excellent work all around and as usual.

Check out "Church," my new song, please!

Thanks for the feedback and yeah I used some MGS FX samples in this beat the sound FX from that game really go well with music.
I like this a lot. This mix is very clean and the 808 are in a dope pattern. Very nice work on this one. Is that a Metal Gear Solid sample or am i trippin?

Thanks for the feedback bro and about the panning do you mean you would of preferred more movement in the sounds e.g the sounds panning from left to right instead of being stationary.
dope beat man, love the flute. drums are hard af aswell the only thing i dislike is when the melody is only panned to the left or right. i know you have done this on purpose but to me when listening through headphones theres to much empty space left on the one side if you get me. still love the every sound you used it bangs, great work other than that bro.

Listened to ya track the overall vibe/beat is dope it def has that new wave sound the mixing of the beat could of been a lil better though it was too quiet compared to the vocals and at on point it got heavily distorted to the point when you couldn't hear anything clearly but other than that dope. Thanks for the feedback man and yeah when making this I was thinking this would sound dope as a drill beat also but I went with trap I'll also keep in mind what you said about the hats for my next beats and yeah when I get to working on new stuff ill send some stuff through.
the beat goes! if it was up to me, I wouldve used this melody for a full on drill beat, it has the drill vibe to me, but it sounds good as a trap beat as well. mix and master sounds fine over my headphones, and one thing that stuck out is the hi hats are worked really well. I wouldve made them a tad louder as it really adds a nice layer to the track, and its nice to the ear. Only other critique is i think I wouldve tried some different kinds of 808s, but it still slaps w the 808s u used. we need to collab send me loops ! jmfiorenza5@gmail.com also peep my new track 67 ft RONJON (prod hendo) by fivesix | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Back