Epic Rap Beat - No Doubt (F4F)

The EpicRapBeats really talks nice on my headset. Mastering elements and mix sounds well worked, detailed and made with some love. At first i found the synth's a bit too loud, but when it fully plays sounds balanced. Nothing to change really on my point of view, perhaps the only thing could be the synth's with the volume a little lesser. Nice style, good production. Could you review this underground beat that i made?

Thank you very much for your honest feedback!
@Barino, what do you mean by panning the instruments correctly? What would be wrong?

Overall, this track is nice man. Love all the change-ups you've got in this one. It flows very smooth in my opinion.

A few suggestions;

- Hi hat needs to be a tad louder/more present
- Sometimes I feel like the snare is getting drowned out in sections, I feel like it might be battling with all the melodies and counter-melodies that you have happening. Sounds to me like an EQ thing, too much fighting for that mid range, and try volume automation on the snare. The snare sounds dope when you have less melody sounds (when a lot of the melody kicks out at :50).
- Sounds like the 808 is eating the kick at certain spots more than others. But I think you need to work on making the relationship between the two better. Try having either the kick or the 808 operate mainly in the sub region and one in the 100-175hz range. It sounds like both are fighting for that boomy 60-80hz range. Again, it sounds much better at :50 than when there are a lot of melodies and counter melodies going on.

Other than that, it's pretty dope! I can't really say anything bad about the arrangement. I think it's solid!

Again, thanks for the feed on my track man and keep it up!!

BOD

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm going to focus more on the kick / 808 / bass with the next beat!

Overall I love the beat. Lots of movement and detail for the ear to explore. Only real advice I'd say is that sometimes your sounds conflict with each other as has been touched upon by other reviewers already. If you cleaned up that a little bit with EQ and made your drums/percussion stand out a bit more it'd be perfect. Really great job though, dude.

Nice beat bro. The mix sounds okay but it could be worked on but increasing the high hats. Maybe really just adding more high end. Also I am not sure if you have or haven't, but may including side chains to certain instruments at certain parts. Also seperating the highs and lows of a sound and then side-chaining like that will give you a cleaner sound. Overall, the beat is dope...very trappy but chill.

I have something similar. Take listen to my new track.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...h-etc/new-bounce-tell-me-if-rocks-f4f-528237/

Thats what i meant by panning. If you leave all instrument on center, or you put randomly mid-left or something it might end up be a big mess. EQ is a part of it too. It's like a painting, you have to decide which color will be dominant, because if you try to make everything equal, nothing will stand out. So levels, pan, eq, even side-chain to get sound out the way. Good luck

Man, this helped me a lot! Like I know everything you wrote (knowing the concept), but I have to implement these techniques better! I did some minimal sidechaining on the instruments, to get the kick a bit better to the front, I tried to limit the "main sound" of the instruments with eq and tried to make sure, that no other instrument is dominant in that range. I usually try to separate my instruments by panning...

But I guess I have to do it more precise and sometimes a little bit more drastic.

Back