Be Encouraged (F4F)

MrMcDowell

Mr.McDowell
Hello All,

Today Im posting my latest release Be Encouraged. On this one I really just wanted to have fun with a track. I wasnt focused on making a hit or something catchy. I just wanted to create something you can vibe to ya know? Let me know how you feel about it(Mix,arrangement, anything).Any feedback or constructive criticism I'd appreciate it. All soundcloud comments, and etc would be appreciated. Dont be afraid to follow on soundcloud aswell lol. Dont forget to link your song so I can give you feedback on it. Thank You for your time. (If the soundcloud link doesnt show below, click Here (Be Encouraged by Mr.JD McDowell | Free Listening on SoundCloud)

LOVE this track! This gives me almost a Chance the Rapper type of feel, or maybe even BROCKHAMPTON. I really like the bass, although it could maybe be EQ'd a bit more it seemed like it sat kinda high in the mix. The vocals fit great as well and makes for a really fun and loose feeling. It almost doesn't need a rapper or another vocalist on it. Very nice track, maybe just tighten up the mix and cut more of the highs outta your bass!

Relaxed Hip Hop Instrumental (night by jeremy) {f4f}

I like the soulful vibes of this a lot - the piano especially. My only criticism is that it's a bit too loud and the vocal samples overpower the instrumental.

Good job overall

Feedback on this please Carry On (F4F)

im really liking how this track flows, the mixing and mastering sound really clean. nice job on the percussion too. the only thing i thought sounded off was the vocal sample. i thought it fit but the pitch just needs to be adjusted. great job overall

im really liking how this track flows, the mixing and mastering sound really clean. nice job on the percussion too. the only thing i thought sounded off was the vocal sample. i thought it fit but the pitch just needs to be adjusted. great job overall

I appreciate the feedback yo! Ima go back and tune the vocal some more, Thank You!

Real nice instrumental I get modern soulful vibes from this Chance The Rapper, Childish Gambino & Vince Staples would sound great on this I like the sample/sound selection. I do think the bass would sound nicer at a lower octave and cleaned up a lil & maybe if the vox sample was lowered a lil it stood out the most in the mix and kinda overpowered some other elements but overall real nice track deffo something to put people in a good mood great for the summer.

Last edited:
Real nice instrumental I get modern soulful vibes from this Chance The Rapper, Childish Gambino & Vince Staples would sound great on this I like the sample/sound selection. I do think the bass would sound nicer at a lower octave and cleaned up a lil & maybe if the vox sample was lowered a lil it stood out the most in the mix and kinda overpowered some other elements but overall real nice track deffo something to put people in a good mood great for the summer.

Thank You for the feedback yo! I tried that bass at a lower octave and it was muddy so I kept it higher in the mix and left it higher. I'll look at trying the other things toos. Thank You again for the feedback!

Pretty cool and soulful. I do agree that the bass is a bit too high sounding at certain points. Maybe use a different bass sample or something that sounds good lower during that section? Just something to think about. Interesting samples.

I love it. Bass is high like others have said, but I would say if you Want it to be HIGH then leave it. You are good enough where you can break the rules and experiment. Great beat.

Return FeedBack HERE

Pretty cool and soulful. I do agree that the bass is a bit too high sounding at certain points. Maybe use a different bass sample or something that sounds good lower during that section? Just something to think about. Interesting samples.

I appreciate the feedback yo!

Kick could bang harder. The bass is coming out the mix. The structure is all over the place. Vocals are nice in places.

f4f

Back