Effix - Flute BOOM (HEAVY TRAP BEAT) F4F

Thanks for listening. Any advice on the tunes/ mix/ mastering would be much appreciated. Ill check you're stuff too, always good to hear whats crackin.

Interesting mix of pleasant flute sound and heavy and sparse newschool drums (I think they would sound heavier with more reverb with louder tail) patterns, so here plus for the originality and creativity.

0:44 - I think I would add here a more fluent transition so that the sections are better blended together. Cool idea with delayed snares here.

1:30 - this section is really cool and fits in nicely, I actually like it more than the one from 0:44.

Besides, I think that the 808s could be louder, they have cool pitch automations which are worth pointing out in the mix from my point of view. Also good work with hi-hats - the patterns have some undpredictable moments and they make them not repetitive.

Generally although this is not my style of music, respect for a creative idea and blend, I got some inspirations to my tracks so thanks for that by the way.

Thanks for the input. Ill take it on board, been trying to craft the bass quite a bit and make it louder without clamming up the mix.

Fun track, I like that flute loop and the switch between that loop and the piano one gives a nice dynamic to the beat. I may not use the « whhooo » vocals before every switch, it becomes too predictable and it diminishes its impact.
And the video is quite funny and trippy, so a few extra points for that!

Last edited:
The flute almost reminds me of Beatnuts. Just the timber I guess. This is pretty cool man, nice work. Check out my latest if you have a minute. Cheers.

Back