Dropped a short ep [F4F] HONEST FEEDBACK

Aye homie I remember your stuff from way back (which means a few months ago haha). Nice to see that you're still making dope Boom Bap tracks.

For the first one, great loop. Some distortion on your kicks would help it get a gritty feel, but I honestly think it sounds nice where it is.

Second track: I would maybe use a different kick, because it sounds too similar to the ones used in the first one. Same with the claps. But I love the little transitional effects you used in that demo.

Third track: Same problem as the second one. I would also pan the... shaker hat? Not sure what percussion it is but it sounds like a shaker. Anyways, I'd pan that to the sides in my opinion. But I really like the sample used here.

Fourth track: Where are u finding these samples haha? Or are you making these yourself. Very nice selection of sounds. I would maybe vary the bassline whenever possible, so it doesn't sound too repetitive.

Fifth track: Dude that reverse snippet and stutters are dope as hell. This one has the best transitional effects so far. Pretty good. Nothing critical to say about this one.

Sixth: I think I like this sample the best because of the chords. Very happy sounding. I would give a bit more power to the snare in this one.

Seventh: This one is pretty dope, very chill vibe going on. Nothing really to add about this one that I haven't said about the others.

Eigth: Very chill and somber. I like the slower tempo of this one, but other than that, nothing really to add critical. Sounds great, especially that last vocal snippet haha.

I'd say, overall your production is great! You need to work on your percussion selection, they are a bit... recycled I should say. But, to be honest, that may just be the genre you are working with. I deal with the same "problem" in Reggaetón. Some people hate the repeated drums and rhythm of the genre, but I can't get enough of it. Anyways, other than that, you got an ear for sample selection. Keep it up homie!

I do have a question tho. Are these tracks meant to have a vocalist or is it meant for listening while chilling/smoking a blunt lol?

Here's my thread! Let me know what you think of it!

Back