Donta Black - Walmart Car Lot (F4F)

Donta Black

Long time no speak FP fam, I just mixed an old record that I have recorded from 2015 that I never released. Looking for advice on the mix. I tracked the vocals over a two track so your input would be greatly appreciated! Drop those links!

Walmart Car Lot

Last edited:
Thanks I mixed it over an MP3 so I could get surgical, its sort of a weak point for me. You have any general suggestions when mixing in this type of scenario?

This is actually pretty dope. I like the real lyrics and the good energy. Thanks for giving me feedback. You can definitely rap. The mix actually sounds pretty decent to me for just using an mp3.

This is actually pretty dope. I like the real lyrics and the good energy. Thanks for giving me feedback. You can definitely rap. The mix actually sounds pretty decent to me for just using an mp3.

Thanks, it's a weak point of mine I'm trying to figure it out more and more. I've started getting into the sidechaining and dynamic EQ doing. Still have to work my way into the mid side techniques tho.

sound ah lil outdated, this cool tho. that beat hard af

These are facts. I'm not trying to push this as a single. I recorded this in 2015 & never mixed it because the engineer had put it in a format in a higher version than my Pro Tools. So I mixed it for practice.

I agree that it sounds outdated but i dont mean it in a bad way. Its actually pretty refreshing. Mixing of the vocals is a strong point that side of the track sounds high level I agree the beat is a little boring but it allows your vocals to stand out more so maybe its for the best that you chose a simple beat. Anyway good shit, looking forward to hearing more!

This is pretty dope nice mixing on the vocals they sound loud and clear only thing I noticed is the beat is really quiet compared to the vocals bring the beat up a lil and this will be perfect.

Dope beat! Dope rappers!! Dope vibe overall, I can actually see this song getting buzz I would say the mix needs some work. Some of the frequencies are a little harsh, easy fix with some eq. I think the 808 should be louder on some Ski Mask the Slump God. Turn that 808 up lol Nice work

Thanks for all the feedback! I only could imagine if I possessed the stems to the track out that I could have made it even better mix. I look forward to doing more in the future!

Back