Donta Black - None Come Free (Official Video)

This is incredible! Love the contrasting aesthetic between the black and white video and the colorful animations (I loved the street fighter palm-strike one). Really original drumbeat, bars are absolute fire.
I would've really liked to hear a cool bassline or mix-up come in, especially during the chorus. But that's obviously personal preference.
Did you want a more minimalist-style beat? Or would a bass-line have distracted from your vocals too much? Would love to hear your thoughts behind that decision.
Overall this is great! Best of luck in future projects

This is incredible! Love the contrasting aesthetic between the black and white video and the colorful animations (I loved the street fighter palm-strike one). Really original drumbeat, bars are absolute fire.
I would've really liked to hear a cool bassline or mix-up come in, especially during the chorus. But that's obviously personal preference.
Did you want a more minimalist-style beat? Or would a bass-line have distracted from your vocals too much? Would love to hear your thoughts behind that decision.
Overall this is great! Best of luck in future projects

Zed thanks for the dope ass question. I was definitely going for the minimalist approach,as I normally do the opposite. I actually had played two different basslines for the instrumental but I felt it took away from the minimalism and made it sound over produced since the instrumental is a bit abstract. So to answer bluntly yes, I felt with a bass it may have took a lil shine away from the vocals. Preciate you !

Yo I really like those drums, we never get bored with those throughout the song ,the video is also good with differents plans. Nujabes t shirt is fire!

First of all as a producer i have to say that you did an amazing job by creating that beat! Simple and clean! Panning is awesome. I left a youtube comment saying that i really like your voice and i think that im absolutely right! Great flow, great delivery, punchlines are awesome!

"got a legal job but them motherfuckers keep stressin me/ sometimes I wanna quit but the Lord keep blessin me" haha I felt that bar :cheers: very cool beat, flow, lyrics, mix and the video is unique. awesome work. You shot this yourself on a Galaxy S7? How'd you do that, put it on a tripod? check me out my single when you get a chance, thanks! Problem (+Lyric Video)

Back