Does my music suck?

RaptureStar

F4F Does my music suck?

What's up. I've been doing music for sometime and I've gotten good responses now and then. Me myself has personally thought that my music is "good" until yesterday when I posted a thread on a forum.

Everyone and I mean like everyone told me that I sucked. I am right now feeling very down and confused to be honest. Like "How in hell could I believe that my music is good when the truth actually is that it sucks".

I'm right now feeling kind of lost and I've lost all of my passion and motivation. No one had something good or positive to say and I question if they are right. Am I really that bad, do I really suck at this and if that is true, how come I can't hear that myself? Am I living in a dream world?

Right now I don't know. My songs are recorded with bad equipment but I thought that my emotions could touch others regardless.

I would like your honest opinions, am I talentless and do my music suck? Here is a link:

30 Rapture Music
- YouTube

Please tell me in honesty. Wanna know the truth.

Last edited:
Not bad at all!

No, it does not suck. If you enjoy creating music and like the outcome, keep on doing it. No matter what others say.
If there's one person that likes your music, there's most likely another. It's all about reaching the right audience.:)

You got quite touching lyrics in some of your songs, by the way!

No, it does not suck. If you enjoy creating music and like the outcome, keep on doing it. No matter what others say.
If there's one person that likes your music, there's most likely another. It's all about reaching the right audience.:)

You got quite touching lyrics in some of your songs, by the way!

Man oh man, you are so right. I've been so delusional by this "roast" thing, I totally lost my grip of reality. I completely forgot why I was making music and your words are touching me good. Appreciate it a lot, you are so right.

I love what I do, I love what I create. I don't think or feel that it is perfect but I appreciate the work I am doing and I am always striving to learn more and to be better.

Thanks once again, you are coming right on time bro! Appreciate it a lot, swear!

It does not suck, I can tell you put a lot of emotion into your lyrics which is more than many can do, but you might want to start listening to more music in the genre you want to emulate. I can't really hear any influences currently which is fine but it is helpful to learn from the greats.

It does not suck, I can tell you put a lot of emotion into your lyrics which is more than many can do, but you might want to start listening to more music in the genre you want to emulate. I can't really hear any influences currently which is fine but it is helpful to learn from the greats.

Thank you a lot, means so much.

Yeah you are right, I am clueless to who my influences are. I love a lot of artists but I can not see my music next to theirs if we are talking about style. Thanks for your feedback and tips!

In my personal opinion it does suck, however that being said it doesnt matter what other think so long as YOU like it and you enjoy making it. Bad art is subjective. Just keep at it and listen to the greats for inspiration (michael jackson, ray charles, jay z, etc)

In my personal opinion it does suck, however that being said it doesnt matter what other think so long as YOU like it and you enjoy making it. Bad art is subjective. Just keep at it and listen to the greats for inspiration (michael jackson, ray charles, jay z, etc)

Haha thanks. It's funny how people are thinking differently. Yes, I also think that it is about what "you" the creator loves and feels.

Didnt say you were a beginner i have no idea how long youve been doing music for lol just saying theres always a chance to get better.. And also so I can collect feedback for my future songs what about doesnt suite you? And no need to be nice or mean just looking for honesty

Last edited:
Didnt say you were a beginner i have no idea how long youve been doing music for lol just saying theres always a chance to get better.. And also so I can collect feedback for my future songs what about doesnt suite you? And no need to be nice or mean just looking for honesty

I'm sorry, must have misread. Yes, of course I wanna be better and improve, you are totally right.

Bro, there is nothing "wrong" with your music at all and in some way I would say that you are good. I think this feedback thing is really hard because it is colored by taste and it can be misleading.

If you are doing your music in your most honest way full of emotions from inside, you will be the best that you can be. My feedback to you would be like "keep on doing your thing". I know that ain't much of feedback but I think that it will help you to be the best version of you.

Some people are totally trashing me for real and some people are actually loving and feeling my work. I have come to the conclusion that feedback from others can be very misleading because these "others" want you to do music in their way most of the time instead of developing the original you.

I like things about your music bro and I feel that you should just keep on developing the real you. Like you said, we can always improve and be better. I also believe in that.

Keep on doing you my homie. I don't fuck with beyonce and she is not "my taste" either meaning I can't relate which is one of the most important things for listeners. We are probably coming from different walks of life and so on.

I don't have anything negative to say about your music. Keep on doing you and learn what you love. That's my "shitty" feedback.

I don't think it sucks but I can tell it's not professional. I think the lyrics and ideas are solid but I think you have to figure out what type of sound and style you're pursuing. What's your voice going to be? How is it going to match the beats? The big picture stuff is pretty key, after that try to level up your recording/mixing skills to achieve your sound.

I don't think it sucks but I can tell it's not professional. I think the lyrics and ideas are solid but I think you have to figure out what type of sound and style you're pursuing. What's your voice going to be? How is it going to match the beats? The big picture stuff is pretty key, after that try to level up your recording/mixing skills to achieve your sound.

Yeah, I'm definitely a work in progress. My mixing skills/experiences sucks, true that. Will think of what you've said and see what I will get out of it. Thanks.

Thank you for listening and for not pushing me down. Appreciate it.

Back