Dignity - Chill, Ambient Trap - Seeking Feedback/Networking

csbr

https://soundcloud.com/csbrproductions/dignity

Any comments, feedback, technical feedback or support appreciated!

More than likely will leave feedback back for anyone who adds value..

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Also, if I could get some help on how to embed, it would be appreciated! haha

Last edited:
https://soundcloud.com/csbrproductions/dignity

Any comments, feedback, technical feedback or support appreciated!

More than likely will leave feedback back for anyone who adds value..

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Also, if I could get some help on how to embed, it would be appreciated! haha

Love the cord progression, i would turn down the levels on the hi-hats and the lead synth
the reverb on the kick and snare you're keeping, It just feels like it does not match
overall, great song i can see what you were going for.

Love the cord progression, i would turn down the levels on the hi-hats and the lead synth
the reverb on the kick and snare you're keeping, It just feels like it does not match
overall, great song i can see what you were going for.
Glad you liked it! Still learning levels and eq'ing on hi-hats so I really appreciate the input... I've had them in some songs cut so harshly through the mix that it was hard to listen to on some systems! haha Trial and error I suppose. I agree about the lead synth, or if not to lower the levels.. I've wondered if perhaps I should have just cut it out completely and just redid it completely.. Sometimes this helps the creative juices flowing for me and gets me to completion a lot faster on a song.. The lead synth and background synth in the drops were my two most iffy parts upon completion of this..

Your comment on the kick and snare, are you saying that the reverbs on them do not match each other? I just would like some clarification on that, I truly appreciate your feedback!

I like this a lot. Its really unique. I disagree with turning down the hi hats tho
To me it helps give it that "trap" feel. Its more of a RnB Trap tho. But overall great job bro

Check me out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beLpHFNaxtQ

Yeah, honestly I appreciate the genre labeling, as I have NO idea what to label the stuff sometimes haha.. Trying to pull things I like from everywhere, I've listen to quite a few genres myself.. Thank you for the encouragement! (both of you!)

Top of my list your link goes to check out!

Thank you both for your feedback.

This is pretty good! I think there are some elements in the song though that do not fit. Some of your chord progressions are in different keys so It doesnt really have a smooth transition. Work on staying in the same key and also look for keys that a relative if you want to have a key change. Other than that its pretty nice :) Good work! I would call this Chillout if anything.

This is pretty good! I think there are some elements in the song though that do not fit. Some of your chord progressions are in different keys so It doesnt really have a smooth transition. Work on staying in the same key and also look for keys that a relative if you want to have a key change. Other than that its pretty nice :) Good work! I would call this Chillout if anything.

Wow! I'm surprised you caught this! Good ear, I too noticed this during recording... however I thought I had gone back and fixed it all and just now realized I had overlooked a few notes in the early rhodes, possibly elsewhere too, will have to scan more thoroughly! Good ear. :) Appreciate that. Good advice with the looking up relative keys, wasn't sure the terminology, have been wanting to experiment with this. Up until now, I think, I have kept all of my songs in one key throughout. (besides this one I guess! haha)

Thank you for the feedback. :) Appreciate it.

Damn when that shit hits at the 40 second mark its flames. The keys are perfect and I agree with not turning the hats down. When I'm listening to trap that's what I expect. Also, that distorted snare midway through is sick. This is one of the crisper tracks I've heard posted on here. Props brodie.

Damn when that shit hits at the 40 second mark its flames. The keys are perfect and I agree with not turning the hats down. When I'm listening to trap that's what I expect. Also, that distorted snare midway through is sick. This is one of the crisper tracks I've heard posted on here. Props brodie.
This.
Exactly.

This.
Exactly.

Wow, thanks for the support, appreciate it. Fuel.

Last edited:
Love the drums man. I think they are on point! Not my usual type of trap, but I appreciate the hard work put in. Keep going!

Love the drums man. I think they are on point! Not my usual type of trap, but I appreciate the hard work put in. Keep going!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the support.

Hot fucking track man. I really love the bounce and the keys as well. They were my favorite parts. I think you should tone down the number of times you do the trip kicks, but either than that dope beat. Really loved the intro as well. Keep it up bro.

Check it out my new track
2nite by J.SUL | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks to you also for the support! Your enthusiasm is contagious. I gave your track a couple listens, I love the sample side chaining and manipulation you did with the sample, especially the tremolo-ish effect at :35 and the other effects around there. I think the drums fit it well and it has a beautiful vibe to it. I think from 1:08-1:20 you could of done a LITTLE less manipulation of it. Perhaps not dropped the level so dramatically at points. Kind of took me out of the vibe a bit. And perhaps added a section, maybe like 8 bars or so where the manip of it was more a little more static. Like a section where it was very stead for a bit in the center of the song, just for the listener to get comfortable and then hit them with something like that section at 1:08 and beyond. But otherwise enjoyed the track. I hit it with a like on SoundCloud and a follow. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the review and enthusiasm from both of you!

Back