Dark Vibes & 808s - F4F

New Sample Flip that I did with my custom drums feedback and tips
Thx Fam

I guess it's a matter a preference but I find the kick to be overpowering the 808 when the 808 should be dominating the low end. The 'tss' noise panning back and forth and the hat pattern really make it a trippy sort of track but I'd make them a bit more subtle to give it that effect.

For a custom kit great job. The main problem that I feel this song has is that the 808 and kick seem to be a little over-powering. It doesn't leave much room for the sample and I kinda feel as though the sample needs to be there. I would just turn down the volume a bit for the kick and 808. Speaking of which, they both are fighting to become dominant also with the sub synth that you have going on. I would try to give them more space so that it doesn't become too muddled.
Overall good job though. Keep it up!

Also I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my newest beat as well. I'm very proud of this one especially since I'm working on a new DAW with none of my old kits or sounds. So I'm looking for constructive criticism. Thank you in advanced! I'll post the link to the thread here.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...m-bap-thunderstorms-feedback4feedback-501929/

First thing that came to mind is that the guitars are overcompressed.. I can hear them pumping. 808 is way too loud in the mix. Song doesn't have a direction.. the pattern gets old after about 8 bars. Right now the hi hat is way louder than the main guitar sound.. The instrument choice is ok, but the arrangement and mix are off so the song can't really fully utilize its potential. Practice, practice, practice.

The best thing about your beat is the atmosphere. It sounds dark and calm. Good sample choice. The 808s are heavy, nice. But I don't like this snare. Maybe try to use another one. Mix looks decent. Good work. ;)

Dope man! Really like the drumloop (original loop) and the guitar.. the drum sounds could be tighter i guess.. It sounds a little messy.. Overall, i really like this beat! Keep it up man

Back