Bumpus - serious sample chopping and mixing F4F

The Funk Junkie

I just put together a 3 track preview EP called Bumpus. I'm trying to find the balance between having drums that crack but don't overpower, I couldn't quite nail how much limiting I wanted on the master so let me know if you think it's too squashed (or not squashed enough!). I just went back and forth so many times making tiny changes I had to say screw and release what I have before making more changes for the album version of these tracks... anyways, yeah feedback will be returned as always. Hope everyone's doing well on here!

Here's a spotify link if you want to hear all 3 tracks
https://open.spotify.com/album/3hwSXhuu1gBDnYDsG9xQ6l
but here's Soundcloud like normal!

Just listened to that first track. Really dope instrumental man. Actually stands up as a track in itself without needing a vocal, which I honestly can't say for 90 percent of beats I hear in recent years.
Check my latest if you get a minute. Peace.

Nice track man, the mix is really good. The only thing I would advice is to lower the trumpet or trombone sound whatever it is lol. A little. Because when it is panned so far left or right it is perceived as louder. Here's mine:

Just listened to that first track. Really dope instrumental man. Actually stands up as a track in itself without needing a vocal, which I honestly can't say for 90 percent of beats I hear in recent years.
Check my latest if you get a minute. Peace.

Thanks dude, I left a comment on your video also but I really loved all the switch-ups. I was hoping it'd make a return to the guitar sample bit by the end to wrap it all up, but I appreciated the effort to make 3 distinct sections. It seems like a lot of remixes just have stale little 4 bar loops throughout the whole thing!

Nice track man, the mix is really good. The only thing I would advice is to lower the trumpet or trombone sound whatever it is lol. A little. Because when it is panned so far left or right it is perceived as louder.

Thanks man, saxophone actually haha. Yeah I messed with the volume a bit trying to nail it. The nice thing is I can readjust a little since I'll be uploading the same track later when I put out the whole project. I left a comment on your video, but yeah I thought it was well laid out with a lot of rhythmic energy. I thought it could have a bigger switch-up of some sort, like a total change in chords or huge drop out or something but since you're marketing it as a beat to be used I'm sure that stuff can be figured out after vocals are added rather than before you know. It's tight, nice work!

Back