Thread: Bumpus - serious sample chopping and mixing F4F

Thanks

Bumpus - serious sample chopping and mixing F4F

Sign in to disable this ad
    I just put together a 3 track preview EP called Bumpus. I'm trying to find the balance between having drums that crack but don't overpower, I couldn't quite nail how much limiting I wanted on the master so let me know if you think it's too squashed (or not squashed enough!). I just went back and forth so many times making tiny changes I had to say screw and release what I have before making more changes for the album version of these tracks... anyways, yeah feedback will be returned as always. Hope everyone's doing well on here!

Here's a spotify link if you want to hear all 3 tracks
    https://open.spotify.com/album/3hwSXhuu1gBDnYDsG9xQ6l
    but here's Soundcloud like normal!
    Hit me up on Facebook! Producer album on Spotify and Bandcamp if you want to check it out.

Thanks
    Just listened to that first track. Really dope instrumental man. Actually stands up as a track in itself without needing a vocal, which I honestly can't say for 90 percent of beats I hear in recent years.
    Check my latest if you get a minute. Peace.

Thanks
    Nice track man, the mix is really good. The only thing I would advice is to lower the trumpet or trombone sound whatever it is lol. A little. Because when it is panned so far left or right it is perceived as louder. Here's mine:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight2Vinyl View Post
    Just listened to that first track. Really dope instrumental man. Actually stands up as a track in itself without needing a vocal, which I honestly can't say for 90 percent of beats I hear in recent years.
    Check my latest if you get a minute. Peace.
    Thanks dude, I left a comment on your video also but I really loved all the switch-ups. I was hoping it'd make a return to the guitar sample bit by the end to wrap it all up, but I appreciated the effort to make 3 distinct sections. It seems like a lot of remixes just have stale little 4 bar loops throughout the whole thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Blinking Beatz View Post
    Nice track man, the mix is really good. The only thing I would advice is to lower the trumpet or trombone sound whatever it is lol. A little. Because when it is panned so far left or right it is perceived as louder.
    Thanks man, saxophone actually haha. Yeah I messed with the volume a bit trying to nail it. The nice thing is I can readjust a little since I'll be uploading the same track later when I put out the whole project. I left a comment on your video, but yeah I thought it was well laid out with a lot of rhythmic energy. I thought it could have a bigger switch-up of some sort, like a total change in chords or huge drop out or something but since you're marketing it as a beat to be used I'm sure that stuff can be figured out after vocals are added rather than before you know. It's tight, nice work!
    Hit me up on Facebook! Producer album on Spotify and Bandcamp if you want to check it out.

Thread Information