'Brute Force' - new trap track after break - looking forward to your feedback

radio_vamorda

Hi,

After a short break I came up with an idea for a new trap instrumental track called 'Brute Force'. It's tempo is 120 BPM and I would say it's trap in terms of genre. I would appreciate a lot if you could check it and let me know what your thoughts are. I have my own questions I would like to ask you as well:

1. What do you think about sound of the track as general, i.e. - what do you think I could improve in the mastering phase? I've left much headroom for the process (about 6 dB) and basically used the EQ to filter out some overloaded freqs and switched through some Maximus (Fruity Loop) presets and chose the best one. Still I have the feeling that I could do something better on this stage.

2. 0:32 -> there is a drum pattern with 808s coming in, I feel they could sound fuller, but in my track I think that the punch of the sound is audible, but the release is somehow missing in the crowd, so here some suggestions or your thoughts on how to improve their sound would be great and very helpful for me.

Im not very experienced in mixing and especially not trap style but I will through in some thoughts anyways. In general I think its a nice beat. You use many effects that switches things around and create variation which iI think is good. :)

1. I don't really have any good answers here, though I think that the saw-bassy thing that comes in around 5 seconds in takes a lot of space som maybe some pauses here and there would be nice. Other than that., what I have started doing (after watching a lot of YouTube tutorials) is using eq to filter out unnecessary frequencies in sound where they should not be. So for example if I have strings and I really just want the top I filter out the lower frequencies since I may feel they don't really add anything. This can also be done on snares or hi hats for example. May seem obvious but sometimes one might forget that a lot of sounds may add up in the frequency spectrum.

2. The kick or 808 you use in the beginning has some nice punch to it though I feel that some of that punhyness drowns out a bit around 0:32. Im not used to working with 808s but whenever I feel I need to bring a kick forward a bit more I try to use sidechaining on the bass. Also when I work with bass I try to throw on some light compression to try to make the bass even in the track.

Just some thoughts hope some of it may have been helpful. Good work! :)

Thanks for listening and sharing your thoughts:) In terms of point 1 - I knew that, but I never put much effort into for example checking the fundamental freqs of each sound and cutting the value from other sounds. However, I will give it a try in next track, I guess it will be a step further in terms of mix level. The same referts to sidechain. I will begin with making many small adjustments and see what would be the outcomes.

The track has all the elements you would expect from a party style trap track. my only dislike is the bass here and there but, thats more of a preferation in taste i think. (little pitch changes) but the bass sliding was effective. Also i noticed you're snare seemed a bit drowned.

I have a similar battle when it comes to mixing. I usually allow the kick and snare to go as high as needed and play by ear which can be dangerous, but i use soft clipper to bring it down a bit without losing the punch. Don't know if this helpful to you.

I would either bring the drums (mainly the snare) up and maybe the flute sound and vocals down just a tad.

Besides my critique the beat is full and is for sure a damn good example of trap.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...m-heavy-trap-beat-f4f-554295/?highlight=effix

Back