Boom Bap/Lofi beat - Hopefully the most relaxing thing you hear all day

ihuntbears

Beat starts ~50, the intro is a nuclear warning from the 40s. Haven't been able to post as regularly here as most of my free time is spent with my band but its good to be back. All instrumentation done with my guitar and shitty midi keyboard.

As always feel free to message me about what effects and plugins I'm using.

Thanks!

Here it is -> Tigerheart by Sleepy Wizard | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
I checked the track and generally nice work, respect! Some of thing I noted down myself while listening:

Snare (cool, pointy sound) panned too much right
1:12 - nice transition with the vocal sample, makes the track coherent with the intro
Guitar - I would add more reverb and/or distortion and/or delay (either throughout the track or just in one section)

Hope this gives you some ideas on future productions. If you'd like to check my tracks (see: signature) and let me know what do you think - that would be much appreciated.

I like the beat. Good playing on the instruments. I also like the vocal sample around 1:10. Concerning mixing for me the left channel felt a bit muddy compared to the right. Might be a difference in the dynamics between the piano and the guitar. I would also agree on the panning of the snare. However I like the melodies and vibe of the beat. Keep it up. :)

If you would like please have a listen to my beat:
Bassy sampled beat

I’m really feeling it. My only grip with it is the overall « thin/radio » feel of it. Listening to your other (excellent stuff) on SoundCloud, I understand that’s a specific creatiive choice for this track, but I still keep wanting the song to « open up » to a wider and fuller sound. But that’s maybe just me!

Back