Boom bap!

This is cool, I make mostly boom Bap myself. This is a little dark for my personal taste, but it sounds cool. You did a good job on the main melody/sample(?). Easy to rap over, plenty of room and a fairly nice pocket for a rapper. Mix sounds clean, good progression of the beat itself.

My only critique of this the drums. The pattern itself was fine, but the drums are a little stiff. Very quantized. Try playing the kicks in by hand instead of clicking them in. Same with the hats, everything was very much on the grid, and for boom bap, it needs to be loose, have a certain swing. You can still click stuff in, but if you're going to do that, I would recommend adjusting the swing meter (if using FL Studio), moving things a few clicks off the grid manually (hats/kicks), and adjusting the velocity of everything so it's not all hitting at the same intensity.

This was really good though, and that would be just my personal preference. Nice work!

I like the idea and the beat a lot! The mixing needs some work however, the bass should be kept in complete mono to add clarity and reduce mud, also pan elements of the song to give it a full thick sound,The drums could you a bit more energy and brilliance but thats minor stuff, overall very nice sound design and a good beat!

Check out my latest single, has similar dark sound to your songs
Power Moves (feat. Dok & Exxe)(prod. by Ryy) - Ryy
Power Moves (feat. Exxe & Dok)(prod. by Ryy) by Ryy | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Back