Big Sean X Kanye West Type Beat Soulful Trap Beat

thebriando

I need feedback for this beat that I am currently working on. It has the soulful trap feel similar to "All Your Fault" from Big Sean's new Dark Sky Paradise album. I'm not finished yet, this is just a preview. Does the sample sound on key? Do the drums need more work? Should I change the synth towards the beginning? I appreciate any feedback.

The sample definitely sounds on key, I would lower the volume of the bass and eq the kick to be more punchy (around 120 Hz) and break through the bass a little more. I really liked the percussion in the song, especially the rapid snares that lay under the larger one.

One thing did bother me however, I think that if the bass went from C to D to C and then down to G I think the progression would sound a little better (if you try it and don't like it don't even worry about it though).

I really liked the beat, you did a pretty good job.

The sample definitely sounds on key, I would lower the volume of the bass and eq the kick to be more punchy (around 120 Hz) and break through the bass a little more. I really liked the percussion in the song, especially the rapid snares that lay under the larger one.

One thing did bother me however, I think that if the bass went from C to D to C and then down to G I think the progression would sound a little better (if you try it and don't like it don't even worry about it though).

I really liked the beat, you did a pretty good job.
Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I'll try editing the bass and eq'ing the kick. Thanks for listening.

Back