Beach Sofa Envy (J Cole x Dom Kennedy 'Upbeat Sample Type' Instrumental [Feed 4 Feed]

JC Biffro

My first upload in over 6 months.

I'm sitting on a shit load of beats and never finish them. This time, I started this one on Christmas Eve and decided to just upload it, be done with it and move onto the next one!

Upon reflection, the kick could hit harder, the bass could be louder and the percussion could be turnt down a bit but these are just small tweaks.

Other than the above, I'm pretty happy with this beat.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Within 9 views, it had 2 dislikes so I was getting a bit paranoid there were a few obvious things wrong with it :hmmm: lol :(

Last edited:
Wow. The begining with that sample, NICE job on that reverse job on it. The sample drums you have on it is beautiful. I'm actually a fan of when the drums are out and it's just the sample and those awesome congas I'm not gonna even lie. This whole beat is frigging nice though. This is pretty amazing tbh. Good work!

Feedback appreciated: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rings-vol-3-winters-ny-beattape-f4f-493070/2/

Really appreciate those kind words brother, I've dropped you a comment in your thread about your tape!

I wouldn't worry 2 much about the dislikes on Youtube because you don't really know who are behind them maybe an angry ex? haha i have that problem actually. This is a dope track buddy I really like how you flipped the sample and you gave the drums a lot of swing. Very good crate digging and lots of aesthetics in this joint, good on the ears. IMO opinion the mix is just where it should be at this stage. Now to find you a dope artist that compliments your work. Keep grinding buddy.

I wouldn't worry 2 much about the dislikes on Youtube because you don't really know who are behind them maybe an angry ex? haha i have that problem actually. This is a dope track buddy I really like how you flipped the sample and you gave the drums a lot of swing. Very good crate digging and lots of aesthetics in this joint, good on the ears. IMO opinion the mix is just where it should be at this stage. Now to find you a dope artist that compliments your work. Keep grinding buddy.

Cheers fellar, means a lot! :cheers:

Its nice I like but its not like WOW I need this I can tell got stuff way better than this I can tell off this beat

Def like how you kick the beat off with the build up and vocals. The drums hit hard and I like the addition of the strings and keys. I'd say maybe to remove those reversed vocals during some bars to just let the beat ride and we can vibe out to the keys. Percussions sound good and panned well. This is a really solid track. Maybe have the kick hit harder in the section where you just have it building up.

Check me out at: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-marc-pittman-archangels-remix-f4f100-493014/

the intro mislead me. i didnt know what to expect but was still digging it. nice shit bro

Diggin the old school vibe here man. sample work is really on and you set a good mood with the ambiance. try not to rely to much on the vocal sample to progress the beat..it gets a little repetitive. but this is really nice. I can see rolling to this on a sunday morning just chillin. keep it up man get them beats finished!!

check me out!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rous-remix-check-out-f4f-494159/#post49875623

Its nice I like but its not like WOW I need this I can tell got stuff way better than this I can tell off this beat

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere? haha :p

love this joint keep it up! peace

Thank you all for your kind words!!

I do kinda agree with the vocal sample being repetitive. My GF said the exact same thing but I'll say the same thing I said to her in that I'd hope that if/when I can get a vocal on-top, it won't be as noticeable or feel as repetitive.

For example, Lil' Wayne beats like A Milli & 6 Foot, 7 Foot never felt too annoying, maybe because you're more focused on his vocal. Another ''better'' example is January 26th from J.Cole's recent album. The vocal there repeats throughout the entire song but it's so fecking dope!!

I dunno, I could be wrong of course. :cool:

Last edited:
that old school vibe ... dope ... nice drops nice switch up ... good work here ...

check me out https://www.futureproducers.com/for...p-dirty-south-etc/new-sample-beat-f4f-494139/

Def like how you kick the beat off with the build up and vocals. The drums hit hard and I like the addition of the strings and keys. I'd say maybe to remove those reversed vocals during some bars to just let the beat ride and we can vibe out to the keys. Percussions sound good and panned well. This is a really solid track. Maybe have the kick hit harder in the section where you just have it building up.

Check me out at: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-marc-pittman-archangels-remix-f4f100-493014/

Cheers fellars, thank you for the feedback! I've hit you both up on your threads.

I originally mixed the build-up kick louder but then it overpowered the main kick when the drums come back in at the pre-chorus. Raising the main kick volume put everything else out of balance, so I begrudgingly lowered the build-up kick. I felt the same way so definitely know what you mean!

Back