Bassy sampled beat

i like the sample beat and the drumz. i like that snare sound and reverb effect. i would have used a different kick something that takes a lil less in the mix. i would like to hear more bass changes up like around 1:15. overall i like the beat it's good. thanks for the feedback on my last beat.

Below my thoughts on your beat, i.e. what I personally would check for it:

Snare - I would either make it louder or bigger (check layering with other sound)
Quicker hi-hat pattern (I think a more newschool one can fit here nicely)
0:24 - brass sound - sound a little bit raw like from VST, I would check here Kontakt libraries or Splice samples
0:51 - melody - cool idea, but better if played from MIDI keyboard (this would definitely add more swing)
Same sample pattern all over - I would create a new one for chorus or add some automated section with low pass filtering.

One question regards Outro (from 2:34) - it's really dope! How you did that actually - is that just one VST or does it require more work?

Hi thanks for the suggestions. Good ideas! I will check the mix again. :)

The outro is a recording of the master. I recorded the first 4 bars, pitched them down 12 semitones and used a fade out. So it is simply a pitched down version. I took the idea straight from a track called Things I Should've Told My Friends. Produced by Apollo Brown. One of my favourites. :)

I agree with what the previous posters have said: the snare could be louder and punchier and I would have had a fast hi hat pattern after a few bars to get the beat going, it would bring the whole thing together nicely.
I really like the melodic elements of it, it got potential !

There was a bass riff I really liked around 1:20. Would have been nice to hear more of that man. It fit the vibe nicely.
If you get a chance please check out my latest as well. Cheers.

Back