Attempt At Hip Hop! Did I Succeed or Fail? All Feedback Returned

nehemeizcool

Hey, So i tried my hand at some hip hop type music

Please give me your completely honest opinion

is it too bassy? Are the drums too thin? Does anything stand out too much?

let me know what you think about it, I appreciate it

and leave your links and ill return the feedback :-)

Last edited:
I don't know if theres room for a rapper on this track :) theres a shitload going on here! its all good quality instrumentation.. the snare IS very thin, the kicks ballsy and sits alright with the bass, something sounds a bit off with the hat so i guess the drums may need some work.. You certainly didn't fail, I'm sure someone out the would rap over it (they'd have to be good to pull it off) it would make great music for movie i reckon more so..

No doubt you have skills producing music!

peace..

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...let-me-know-what-you-think-cheers-f4f-463617/

This sounds like a combination of hip hop & pop music to me. I can def hear somebody rappin over the verses but somebody singing on the hooks. The mix was good, but I might turn the kick up or find one with more low end to it. I'm feelin the composition too, good work overall.

First off I have to disagree with Eulo8ee, the snare seems like a rimshot layered with some snare, it doesn't seem thin to me just need a little boost in volume. I will agree that the beat is pretty busy but that is not necessarily a bad thing it gives you more options on arrangement. Other than that nice beat man! 8.5/10 Check me out HERE if you have the chance thanks.

Cool beat! Definitely a lot going on, but I like that! It's also a very clean mix. It can be hip hop if you want it to be lol, but definitely something on the more modern side.... In fact, I can definitely see this becoming a laid-back RnB song or like EuloBee said, something in a movie soundtrack!

If you get a chance could you leave me some feedback on my track?

Link: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...n-dream-walkin-old-beat-100%-feedback-463501/

Back